I Need Help With Pricing. First Wedding Cake.

Business By dbauer21 Updated 24 Jun 2015 , 4:36pm by johnson6ofus

dbauer21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dbauer21 Posted 23 Jun 2015 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 3

I have someone that is interested in me making them a wedding cake. This would be my first wedding cake. I took the class on Craftsy " How to start a cake business" But I just would like someone's  in-put. I'm assuming this cake is all buttercream and might be vanilla. How would I go about trying to come up with a price? Would I charge per slice? What would you charge for a cake like this?

2 replies
CLW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CLW Posted 23 Jun 2015 , 3:23pm
post #2 of 3

Hi, welcome. Your price will be determined by the details, design/difficulty in stacking and what your market can support. I would definitely begin with something small for my first wedding cake. My first one was a small 3 tier to serve about 60 people and it was so stressful to me. The next one was quite a bit larger and square. It was a nightmare in the terms of stress. if you are comfortable with doing it, then call around the local bakeries and ask their going price for wedding cakes, per slice. Prices vary greatly in different parts of the country.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 24 Jun 2015 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 3

and search pricing here in the forums and you will find a thousand posts about it,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%