Peach Cake Or Filling?

Baking By linton Updated 19 Jun 2015 , 2:21am by yortma

linton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linton Posted 18 Jun 2015 , 12:40am
post #1 of 4

I am in need of a peach filling or a recipe for a peach cake if anyone has any they would share. Peach is a difficult flavor for a cake, so I was thinking of trying some type of peach curd if there is such a thing or doing  peach puree and maybe mixing it in with buttercream. Any suggestions?

Thanks 

3 replies
yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 18 Jun 2015 , 12:48am
post #2 of 4

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/homemade-peach-filling-for-cakes-52591141

I have not tried this specific recipe, but it looks great and I will!   It looks very similar to my Mango filling recipe which is really good.

linton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linton Posted 19 Jun 2015 , 12:30am
post #3 of 4

Yes it does look good.  Do you have your mango filling recipe on here?  Do you use yours as a curd type filling? I thought about adding to the buttercream but not sure how much to add to it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 19 Jun 2015 , 2:21am
post #4 of 4

MANGO FILLING

Note:  refrigerate up to 3 weeks

freeze up to 3 months

Ingredients

2 large ripe mangos

1 cup sugar

2 Tbsp lime juice

2 heaping Tbsp cornstarch

Peel and cut mangos into pieces.  Puree in a food processor until almost smooth, or as desired.  Mix lime juice and cornstarch until smooth.  Add a little water if needed to mix to a smooth paste.  Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.  Cook several more minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.  Remove from heat and cool.  

I use this as a filling.  It is quite thick although I still use a dam.   I think it would mix nicely into BC, although would have visible chunks of Mango.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%