Death Of My Husband

Lounge By friendly Updated 30 Jun 2015 , 5:09pm by avrotier

friendly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
friendly Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 17

The last few months has been very hard, my husband had been in remission from cancer for a few years and had been a pilot since he was 18 and owned his own small plane, in Feb this year his small plane and another small plane were caught in a sudden tropical storm and the other plane crash into my husband and  both were killed. I live a long way from family nearest is 4 hours drive and I am trying to look after the property myself. I have not done any cake decorating for a long time so I have just started to do some again so I can relax a bit and take my mind of what has happened but it is not easy.

16 replies
rsquared02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsquared02 Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 1:43pm
post #2 of 17

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It must be incredibly difficult to reconcile such a sudden death.  I hope that decorating can bring you some level of peace.  ((HUGS))  I wish I could say something that would make it better, but I know I can't.  Thinking of you!

paoli96 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paoli96 Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 17

I, too, am so sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine the loss you have experienced.  Cake decorating may be the perfect outlet - - can you donate your creations to someone else going through a difficult time?  Sometimes "giving" can be helpful for the soul.

Rohini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rohini Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 17

So sorry to hear about your husband. May you find peace.......

Jedi Knight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jedi Knight Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 4:51pm
post #5 of 17

I am so sad to read about your husband.

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 17

friendly, so so sorry to hear about the tragic loss of your husband.  There are no words. I, too, hope cake decorating can give you some moments of peace.

DixieDooly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DixieDooly Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 5:39pm
post #7 of 17

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine your pain. Here's hoping you find a little peace and comfort in cake decorating and some comfort here among fellow cakers.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 28 Jun 2015 , 11:11pm
post #8 of 17

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. I lost my dad two years ago and I was very close to him. I know that your heart is broken. To lose your soul mate would be very hard as if a part of you is missing. I will pray for God to give you peace. Some days will be harder than others. 

Try not to lose your faith!! One day, you will see him again so hang on to that thought!!! Meanwhile my prayers are with you!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Jun 2015 , 11:44pm
post #9 of 17

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope that doing the cakes will give you an outlet to realx a little bit.

Inga1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Inga1 Posted 28 Jun 2015 , 11:52pm
post #10 of 17

So sorry for your sudden loss of your husband! I too lost my husband last December after a long debilitating lung disease. To top it off, My father passed at the end of April this year. I have found great comfort with my choir/church/family. Making and decorating cakes helps a lot to distract my mind to more beautiful and challenging things. My 2 grandchildren also help to occupy my time. Time does help to make the pain less severe.

Bless you and your family!

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 29 Jun 2015 , 1:46pm
post #11 of 17

Friendly, so very sorry for your loss and your loneliness. I hope that cake decorating gives you some measure of comfort.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Jun 2015 , 7:48pm
post #12 of 17

I am so sorry you have to go thru this. I often tell my grandchildren that I am thankful I live in this age where friends and family are just a keystroke away.  Hugs to you.

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 29 Jun 2015 , 7:52pm
post #13 of 17

I am so sorry for your loss.  I hope you will find new relationships and friends in the cake decorating community to help you through this difficult time and also nurture your cake decorating passion.  You will always have a home here at CC!

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 29 Jun 2015 , 8:49pm
post #14 of 17

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you will find support with your family and friends. 

milagros0309 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milagros0309 Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 12:25am
post #15 of 17

so sorry for you loss i hope on decorating cake help you to find some comfort 

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 4:28pm
post #16 of 17

So sorry about your loss, hope you find some peace be it with cake decorating or anything else you turn your mind to.

avrotier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
avrotier Posted 30 Jun 2015 , 5:09pm
post #17 of 17

Dear Friendly,

Oh sweetie...I'm so sorry.  I can only imagine how difficult and sad this is for you.  I hope you have friends there that you can turn to.  You do not have to go through it alone and pretend that you are okay when you aren't.  Allow yourself to be human and to grieve.  There is never a good time to lose someone you love.  I am taking some of your sadness with me now.  I think we all are, in a good way, and hoping you know we send you love.

Angie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%