Inspiration Needed.. School Leavers Cake

Decorating By mumstheword Updated 17 Jun 2015 , 11:25am by mumstheword

mumstheword Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mumstheword Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 3

Hi,

I'm a hobby baker and part of my love for caking is researching beforehand & coming up with ideas...

I'm not so inspired this time! I'm doing a school leavers cake for primary 7 kids who are leaving to go to high school after summer. I had thought of a tall-ish cake with an edible image (class photo) on the side on top of a cupcake stand of 30 cupcakes with all the kids names on them, maybe on little stars or graduation hats.

If anyone has any other bright ideas I'd be glad of the inspiration!

A

2 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 3

LOL, looking at your profile picture...why don't you make a rocket/space ship cake (like the one gru is using to steel the moon) name it like "Highschool adventure" (or actually something more funny I can't think of right now) and have lots of Little minions (maybe even cupcake-minions) with graduation hats etc and silly/funny face expressions enter it in a long line going all the way around the space ship?

Not sure if this would work but had to suggest it as I love the minions (who doesn't) and then you profile picture... 

mumstheword Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mumstheword Posted 17 Jun 2015 , 11:25am
post #3 of 3

haha thanks Julia 

I love the minions too (obv) and definitely a minion to my family! I've actually done a minion cake before for a 2nd birthday. It's in my pics somewhere.

Was thinking more of a school theme this time. Am sure it'll fall into place.. I ordered a class photo last night so better get the cake tins out and get baking.. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%