Awkward Wedding Cake Inquiry

Business By plcharles Updated 16 Jun 2015 , 2:31am by plcharles

plcharles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plcharles Posted 14 Jun 2015 , 2:41am
post #1 of 10

Two days ago I received an inquiry about doing a wedding cake for the end of July. Typically brides don't wait that long but...as I happened to have an opening I responded that I might be able to do it. The first email said she was expecting about 200 people and it would need to be taken to a nearby road (no house number provided) which is where the wedding is to be held. She also said she needed to be transported the day before the wedding (I bake cakes, not provide limo service). She said currently she lives in Illinois but is working offshore in Denmark and can communicate via email. So though it sounded a bit fishy, I thought maybe this is a mail order bride type thing and quoted a price on the picture she sent. I get an email today with her getting the price wrong and asking me for my name and address so she can have her company make her paycheck out in my name. Is it me, or does this sound like some kind of scam? Just doesn't feel right. Your thoughts?

9 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Jun 2015 , 2:44am
post #2 of 10

Its a scam, and an old one.  RUN.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 14 Jun 2015 , 3:48am
post #3 of 10

scam-a-roonee

block her emails

plcharles Posted 14 Jun 2015 , 4:07am
post #4 of 10

Thank you, I thought the same thing...have blocked the sender.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 10

Total scam, but you should forward her email to me so that I can mess with them! ;)

BakerBlackCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBlackCat Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 9:45pm
post #6 of 10

Quote by @costumeczar on 28 minutes ago

Total scam, but you should forward her email to me so that I can mess with them! ;)

^^^^^ This.  Oh, this!  CostumeCzar, your messing with email scammers is one of my favorite things on the internets!!!

costumeczar Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 11:53pm
post #7 of 10

Quote by @BakerBlackCat on 2 hours ago

^^^^^ This.  Oh, this!  CostumeCzar, your messing with email scammers is one of my favorite things on the internets!!!

costumeczar Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 11:55pm
post #8 of 10

Quote by @BakerBlackCat on 2 hours ago

Heh heh heh... Why, thank you! I could do a lot with someone who needed a ride to the wedding. 

girlie.girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
girlie.girl Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 12:18am
post #9 of 10

*about messing with the scammers...

Bahaahaha! You guys are great! I just joined a few minutes ago and I think I'm going to like it here a lot!

plcharles Posted 16 Jun 2015 , 2:31am
post #10 of 10

Haha...now that would have been funny...I wish I hadn't deleted the emails!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%