Hello From A Newby

Business By bigbearpawz Updated 15 Jun 2015 , 7:30pm by craftybanana2

bigbearpawz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigbearpawz Posted 12 Jun 2015 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone, My name is Dori and I am in Rockledge, FL 30 minutes away from Disney and just 10 from Cocoa Beach. I just discovered this site today and have already learned so much. Seems to be such a lovey group of people! I have a home based dog treat business making grain free dog treats. I have put my notice in at work and my last day from my day job (Insurance)  of 20 years will be July 17. I am going to be a full time dog treat lady! I sell my treats at the farmers market and also have 14 stores that carry them as well. 

Not sure what else to include so I will part with a funny story.....

I think I am better at baking dog treats than people treats. I had some bananas going were almost going bad and wanted to use them .... so I thought of making my husband a banana nut mini breads. Well I use brown rice flour and was all out of any other type of flour so said what the heck...... oh my.... as I am sure you all already know how this is going to turn out but those mini loves were about a pound each!  It was hysterical as we tried chocking them down. 

Oh yes... can't forget.. when we first dating I wanted to make him my grandmas banana pudding... so as we were eating I kept thinking what the heck is wrong....... I LOOKED AROUND AND SAW THE WHOLE BOX OF NILLA WAFERS SITTING ON THE COUNTER.  Yeah we laugh about it now. I was so embarrassed LOL

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Jun 2015 , 5:59am
post #2 of 7

Welcome to our very informative forum :)  The longer you are here the more you will learn with sooooo many threads to read.   Good luck with your business.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Jun 2015 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 7

welcome -  i love your stories -- I bought my 20 qt mixer from dog treat makers so we're practically neighbors :) 

best to you

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Jun 2015 , 1:07pm
post #4 of 7

ànd multiplied congratulations on setting the date for pulling the trigger on your business, bam! 17 stores and farmer's market is a lot of business building you've been doing -- do you have a dog yourself? no no it's 14 stores on July 17 

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 14 Jun 2015 , 12:20am
post #5 of 7

Welcome and congrats! I'm just short jump north of you! :D Which market do you go to? The Rockledge one? Ours in Titusville piddled out due to mostly flea market junk. And the one in our mall is just a make shift with at least one person who doesn't follow the cottage laws. So even trying to shop there is a no go for me. Ah, how I miss the Winter Park Farmer's market! It's great to see that you've been successful with your business, gives dreamers like me a ray of hope.

bigbearpawz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigbearpawz Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 5:19pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone.  We have 2 boxers. Yes, I go to the rockledge and cape Canaveral markets.  What day is the winter park market? 

craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 15 Jun 2015 , 7:30pm
post #7 of 7

The Winter Park Famers Market is on Saturdays from 7a-1p. I haven't been in a few years since it's an hour away, but it used to be good. Large produce stand, indoor/outdoor and it's dog friendly! They're near the train tracks on Park Avenue, parking is hard though unless you park in the general lot. Street parking is not friendly. They're on West New England, between Park and New York Avenue.:)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%