Anyone In Pinellas County?

Baking By bakeforfun21 Updated 13 Jun 2015 , 10:59pm by -K8memphis

bakeforfun21 Posted 12 Jun 2015 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 8

Is anyone here in Pinellas county that is willing to help me? I tried again with a lower temperature oven. I even sat in the kitchen the entire time watching the cupcakes for the perfect moment to take them out. I iced them to the edges. I covered them. my cupcakes are still drying out.  At least,I think they are drying out. The flavor is good. It's just the texture that's off.

7 replies
-K8memphis Posted 12 Jun 2015 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 8

what are you mixing up there? your ingredient s and method ànd how long are they in the oven?

-K8memphis Posted 12 Jun 2015 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 8

and no I'm in shelby county but pinellas isn't far from here

bakeforfun21 Posted 13 Jun 2015 , 1:26pm
post #4 of 8

I will pm you everything. I have an almond recipe that comes out great but my other ones do not.

-K8memphis Posted 13 Jun 2015 , 5:18pm
post #5 of 8

well maybe all you need to do is change recipes --- if they are not working for you why try to fix them -- where did you get them -- why do you feel that loyalty to them-- what flavors do you need

-K8memphis Posted 13 Jun 2015 , 5:21pm
post #6 of 8

I mean if you can make a good almond cupcake you can make a good (insert any flavor) cupcake -- sí?

bakeforfun21 Posted 13 Jun 2015 , 9:53pm
post #7 of 8

Right now, my main focus is an orange-olive oil cupcake I'm doing for a competition. But I need a really good vanilla and chocolate as well.

-K8memphis Posted 13 Jun 2015 , 10:59pm
post #8 of 8

ideas for you:

as you're testing  try a scant quarter teaspoon (to 2, 2.5 cups flour) of cinnamon in your orange cupcakes -- you really can't detect it in the finished product so much it just really adds a smoothness you might like -- if you use zest rub it between your fingers with some sugar to release the oils -

try recipes with buttermilk which contains phospholipids that make powerful emulsions that truly  enhance cake baking -- sour cream in recipes also helps make great cakes

I will pm you my favorite vanilla cake recipes with my modifications -- for a great chocolate recipe get the perfectly perfect Hershey's chocolate cake one and i have another one i'll send --

why don't you recreate the almond recipe into your vanilla & orange olive oil -- you probably àlready are

Quote by @%username% on %date%