Need Some Advice On How To Get This Intricate Gold Work Onto A 3 Tier Cake I'm Doing!

Decorating By mandynnelson Updated 11 Jun 2015 , 10:46pm by mccantsbakes

mandynnelson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandynnelson Posted 11 Jun 2015 , 8:13am
post #1 of 6

I am needing advice on how to get this design on a 3 tier cake I'm doing. I was planning to use black fondant, should I use a gold luster dust/vodka paint? I've never painted on black fondant before. Help!!

5 replies
810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 11 Jun 2015 , 10:45am
post #2 of 6

Can't see a picture?

mandynnelson Posted 11 Jun 2015 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 6

So i guess the picture didn't upload! Here's a link for the cake I'm recreating, I'm planning to do this cake with 3 tiers instead of 4. I'm just wondering the best way to get that gold.

http://artisancakecompany.com/cake-gallery/wedding/black_gold_greatgatsby_artdeco_wedding_cake/

mccantsbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccantsbakes Posted 11 Jun 2015 , 9:23pm
post #4 of 6

Same cake as the photo, Liz Marek from Artisan Cake co has a blog/video of different gold luster products and how they perform. 

Here is the video comparing products as different golds produce different effects 

i think there is a link in the video that corresponds to the blog she also wrote on the subject 

mandynnelson Posted 11 Jun 2015 , 10:02pm
post #5 of 6

Quote by @mccantsbakes on 37 minutes ago

Same cake as the photo, Liz Marek from Artisan Cake co has a blog/video of different gold luster products and how they perform. 

Here is the video comparing products as different golds produce different effects 

i think there is a link in the video that corresponds to the blog she also wrote on the subject 

THANK YOU!!!

mccantsbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccantsbakes Posted 11 Jun 2015 , 10:46pm
post #6 of 6

Of course! Best wishes on a successful cake 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%