A Bubble Of Frosting In The Middle

Decorating By Dev1450 Updated 10 Jun 2015 , 8:31pm by leah_s

Dev1450 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dev1450 Posted 10 Jun 2015 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 3

Help.

I didn't put my crumb coated cake into the fridge and after I laid the fondant on it, a bubble of frosting appeared in the middle where the 2 cakes connect.  What did I do wrong and what should I do?

Thanks.

2 replies
julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 10 Jun 2015 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 3

Try and take the fondant off. If you scrap off the bc, you can't still use it again. 

It sounds to me as if you used too much buttercream between layer. Or it is to soft. Or both. Most likely it's the first (too much). Squeeze down on the cake to get rid of any access and re-ice  again. Fondant on. Done.

Next time place a heavy book on the cake after you put your filling between layers (but before crumb coating). The book will imitate what the fondant will do later : applying pressure through added weight on the cake. 

Sorry it happened to you and hope you have enough time to fix  it.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Jun 2015 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 3

yes, definitely left the tier settle with a weight on top.  However, for the bubble right now, if you have a coffee stirrer, stick that into the bubble and suck out the air.  (Don't blow and you're not contaminating the cake.)  Then repair the hole from the stirrer with fondant glue, or put a deco on top of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%