Hey guys. Ok so I have a 3 tier cake that is going to be eaten on Saturday. I wanted to bake, fill and cover with ganache on Thursday night. I was planning on keeping it in the refrigerator over night and through mid day friday. I was planning on covering the cake with fondant and decorating Friday night and have it ready for sat. My question is...will the ganache covered cake hold up well when covered with fondant after being in the refrigerator that long. I'm scared it will have a lot of moisture build up trying to get to room temp. Is it better to just leave it out till friday? Or should I wait till the cake has come to room temp after removing from fridge before covering with fondant. The filling is ganache inside and BC oreo for the other tier. Is it to risky leaving it out covered in ganache from Thursday till sat. I will not be putting it back in the refrigerator after fondant and decorations are on. Need pointers and tips on how to do the timing and refrigerating of this cake.
Here's what works for me:
- I refrigerate my filed cakes covered in ganache overnight.
- I cover my cake in fondant and put it back in the fridge for an hour.
- take it out of the fridge and decorate.
- put the cake back in the fridge until it is ready to deliver.
- I inform my clients to remove the cake from their fridge 90 minutes before serving.
Never had any moisture problem.