Bakery Frosting, Not The Whipped Light Stuff

Baking By cherrypieohmy Updated 6 Jun 2015 , 8:45pm by CatPoet

cherrypieohmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrypieohmy Posted 6 Jun 2015 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 3

I am looking for the frosting (recipe) that used to come on bakery cakes. the  thick sweet a fork will stand up in it kind.  have tried numerous "bakery style" recipes that weren't bakery style at all.  I'm talking about the kind, for us frosting lovers,  who go for the corners on any cake because it has the most frosting on it. I hope someone out there can and will help me.  will be checking for responses often, thank you!

2 replies
flawless1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flawless1 Posted 6 Jun 2015 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 3

This is a cream cheese icing recipe and it is very good ( the only cream cheese frosting I use). I drove from Georgia to Alabama with a cake iced with this frosting and it didn't melt.  You cant do the viva paper towel method with this icing

http://comfortablydomestic.com/2011/03/30/cream-cheese-frosting/

CatPoet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CatPoet Posted 6 Jun 2015 , 8:45pm
post #3 of 3

I tried this:

300 gram soft  unsalted butter

540 gram icing sugar / powdered sugar

200 gram chocolate, I done it in both dark and white.

3- 4  tablespoon milk

Melt the chocolate and set a side. Whip the butter for 5 min, add half the sugar and whip for 2 minutes, add the rest of the sugar and whip for 2 minutes. Add the milk and whip until combined. Add the melted cool chocolate and whip for 1-2 min. Spread on a cake and let it set in the fridge for minimum 30 min. It thickens and becomes really yummy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%