Which Tip For These Buttercream Ruffles?

Decorating By M_604 Updated 7 Jun 2015 , 12:05am by dm321

M_604 Posted 6 Jun 2015 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 10


Can anyone tell me how these ruffles are done?  Could it be a wilton 86 tip?

I've been searching online but the only techniques I can find use a petal tip in  zig zag up and down motion rather than the single sweeping motion in this video.

I'd be really grateful if anyone can help. 

Thank you! 

9 replies
-K8memphis Posted 6 Jun 2015 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 10

need to post link to picture -can post to gallery on here first

M_604 Posted 6 Jun 2015 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 10


This is the video of the cake being decorated, the ruffles are piped about halfway through the video.

-K8memphis Posted 6 Jun 2015 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 10

I do that with a striped bag fitted with a 124

dm321 Posted 6 Jun 2015 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 10

I think it's similar to an Ateco 070

-K8memphis Posted 6 Jun 2015 , 6:56pm
post #6 of 10

a large rose tube 

-K8memphis Posted 6 Jun 2015 , 6:56pm
post #7 of 10

a large rose tube 

-K8memphis Posted 6 Jun 2015 , 6:59pm
post #8 of 10

oh ok i went & viewed the video so cool - I don't know what tip it is

M_604 Posted 6 Jun 2015 , 10:02pm
post #9 of 10

I've just looked  videos on YouTube and the ateco 070 looks like the one!

I'd never heard of ateco before, it's not a brand I've come across in the UK. I've just ordered the ruffle tip set on ebay from the USA.

Thank you so much for your help! 

dm321 Posted 7 Jun 2015 , 12:05am
post #10 of 10

Yay! Ateco is a very good brand. I have lots of their tips and cutters. You will be happy with the quality.  And.... don't forget to post pics of your pretty ruffles once you make them!  (I never post pics anymore.. I need to get back into the habit.) Happy ruffling! :) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%