Help!! Pinata Cake!

Baking By CharlotteKelly Updated 5 Jun 2015 , 9:26pm by CatPoet

CharlotteKelly Posted 5 Jun 2015 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 2

Hey guys!! So I accidentally took a cake out of the oven too early. It sunk and is quite undercooked :( Actually, it was 3 layers that all got undercooked. They were supposed to make up the second tier of my three tier cake. To fix the problem, I thought I would do the pinata "suprise inside" cake. This way, I could cut out the center of the cake and fill it will M&Ms. Then I would only have the cooked parts of the cake. So, bottom layer was cooked the most so that one is fine and left uncut. The second layer was pretty bad so I cut that completely out, which is necessary for the pinata cake anyways. The top layer needs to be left intact for the pinata cake, right? Tell me if I'm wrong about that, because I'd love to get rid of that center. As of now anyways, I've just carved out some of the center to make it more "shallow". It seems to want to break though.. I did this because it would make more room for M&Ms and it was undercooked. Now, though, the cakes are cracking!!! The middle layer (now it's a ring because I cut the center out) has broken into three pieces. The bottom layer is cracking slightly, and the top layer is also trying to fall apart :( If I glue everything back together with frosting will it be OK? is it too unstable to support a top tier? Also, I've heard that M&Ms can get really soft and stuck together inside of a cake... This one will be served tomorrow. What do you think??

1 reply
CatPoet Posted 5 Jun 2015 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 2

I just baked another cake because my cake for my pinata cake  became wonky.   Do you have any chance of baking more cake, because it sounds like it will fail and go horrible wrong.    I dont know about MM but we have candy here that goes pale and yucky.  

If I remember correctly there is  MyCupcakeAddiction  has something on pinata cakes and MM on youtube, maybe check there?

Quote by @%username% on %date%