Fondant Transfer Cake

Decorating By flawless1 Updated 7 Jun 2015 , 12:33pm by PattyT

flawless1 Posted 5 Jun 2015 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 4

I am new to baking and decorating and I have done four buttercream transfers that turned out great by watching several you tube videos. I have to do a Pirate Jake 2D fondant transfer cake by next Saturday. I googled fondant transfer and Jessica cakes came up but the video was unavailable.I went to you tube to watch a video on how to do a 2D fondant transfer and the majority of them were in Spanish and the others only showed pictures of fondant transferred cakes. Has anyone ever done a Fondant transfer cake and if so could you please tell me how its done?

In the past when I have asked questions I have not been able to respond to the answers that were given because the system says "could not verify human". So thanks in advance to everyone assisting me with this.

3 replies
PattyT Posted 6 Jun 2015 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 4

Hi there:  Do you mean building an image or in this case a cartoon character in fondant, then placing on the cake?

If so, I did a Google search using the words:  2D Fondant Figures

A lot of tutorials and videos came up, but I thought this one had nice explanation and lots of pictures to help.

Is something like this what you were planning?

Have fun with the cake - be sure to post!

flawless1 Posted 6 Jun 2015 , 6:48pm
post #3 of 4

This is exactly what I was searching for. Thank you sooooo much for taking the time to help me.

PattyT Posted 7 Jun 2015 , 12:33pm
post #4 of 4

No problem.  Glad to help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%