First Baby "bum" Cake & Edible Images...help!

Decorating By mrsnelson0904 Updated 4 Jun 2015 , 1:05pm by mrsnelson0904

mrsnelson0904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsnelson0904 Posted 4 Jun 2015 , 1:37am
post #1 of 3

This is my first post....EVER! I apologize in advance if I ramble...

I have my first baby shower cake due this weekend.  The grandmother asked for a Baby "Bum" cake with a mossy oak camouflage blanket. The cake will be covered in butter-cream, the baby will be made from fondant and camo ribbon will be  around the bottom.  I ordered mossy oak edible images to achieve the ribbon look and I'll also be using it for the blanket. Can everything be stored in the refrigerator? I have to deliver the cake Friday and it will stay in a commercial fridge at the banquet hall overnight for the party on Saturday.  I'm worried the baby and/or edible image will get messed up.  The cake filling will be blueberry preserves so I'm pretty sure it has to stay chilled for food safety. Help!

2 replies
810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 4 Jun 2015 , 10:39am
post #2 of 3

I'm not having a go at your cake decorating skills with the following comment, but rather the customers cake design.  Mossy Oak Camo baby bum, really?  Sounds very attractive - not.  I have chilled edible images on cakes a couple of times overnight when there wasn't any other option, but I made sure the customer understood they weren't quite as good as putting them on, on the day.  They didn't turn out too bad, with the condensation the images were not as sharp as doing them on the day, but they were acceptable. Make sure they know not to touch the image, as it soaks up so much moisture it's like touching wet tissue paper.  The only other issue I had was a couple of air bubbles forming so make sure you image is completely adhered to the surface of the cake.

mrsnelson0904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsnelson0904 Posted 4 Jun 2015 , 1:05pm
post #3 of 3

Ha ha, yeah.  I guess they're big into hunting.  To each there own I suppose! Thanks for the advice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%