What Would You Do?

Decorating By Kellbella Updated 4 Jun 2015 , 10:21am by 810whitechoc

Kellbella Posted 3 Jun 2015 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 5

I got a call from a lady that I had spoken to at a charity event I was at and she saw that cake I made for this animal shelter. She asked if I could make a cake for her upcoming wedding. I gave her my contact info...well she just called me and asked if I could make some fondant figurines only, because the place who's making her wedding cake doesn't have time to make them. So, I'm not good enough for your cake but only your figurines? LOL ;)  Has anyone ever had this happen to them? 

4 replies
azeboi2005 Posted 3 Jun 2015 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 5

Many venues in my area now offer complete packages which include the wedding cake...so it's not unheard of; and actually in the contracts with the venues it stipulates no outside wedding cakes but do allow for grooms cakes to be done outside of the venue.  If they want just the figures make sure you charge enough for them to make it worth your while for figures I usually start at $40+ per figure depending on the detailing and size of them. HTH!

Chris

-K8memphis Posted 3 Jun 2015 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 5

i would get paid in advance on that 

Pastrybaglady Posted 4 Jun 2015 , 2:22am
post #4 of 5

I tell people figures start at $50.  If she's willing to pay you decently why shouldn't you make the money instead of someone else?

810whitechoc Posted 4 Jun 2015 , 10:21am
post #5 of 5

Don't have a problem with it, our figurines start at $80.00 each, it's not worth our time to make them for less than that.  And yes, get paid in advance, before you even start on them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%