Edible Images On Cupcakes & Cookies

Decorating By sweetobsesions Updated 4 Jun 2015 , 5:01am by Ohphelia

sweetobsesions Posted 3 Jun 2015 , 3:40am
post #1 of 4

Hello!

I have an order for edible images on cupcakes & cookies & I wanted to know what the best way to do it... I was thinking of making fondant discs then putting the edible image on the fondant then place it on top of the buttercreamed cupcake? If so, should I make the fondant circles the night before? What's the best way to put the images on royal icing? Last question, what's the best way to cut the circles put of the transfer? I'm thinking about buying a 2-21/2" round hole punch? TIA!!

3 replies
Ohphelia Posted 3 Jun 2015 , 5:20am
post #2 of 4

For cupcakes I would suggest using a fondant backer.  Cut them out a few days ahead of time and give them a chance to dry, otherwise they won't stay stiff and won't look very professional.  You could use a bit of tylose powder to help as well.  I use piping gel to stick the edible images to the fondant.  If you don't want to have to pipe a border around the image you can use a paper punch.  Otherwise, you could just cut them out by hand.  I suppose it would also depend on how many you have to do.  There are several different ways to do cookies.  Are they sugar cookies or other flat cookie that you could flood?  Or are they like a chocolate chip where it would be too bumpy?  I would either go with a flood (I prefer a glaze over royal) and then attach with piping gel after they are dry, or flattened butter cream if they are bumpy.  Try out a few before you commit to anything if you're not sure it's going to work.  Good Luck!

sweetobsesions Posted 3 Jun 2015 , 7:09am
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much for the tips! Would I put the picture on after the fondant sits out for a few days? Yes they are going to be sugar cookies. 

Ohphelia Posted 4 Jun 2015 , 5:01am
post #4 of 4

Yes, I would wait for a little bit because fondant usually shrinks a little when it dries.  It's easier to work on when it's dry so you don't have to worry as much about damaging it while you're working on the images.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%