Tier Sizes For Wedding Cake

Decorating By caseytykia Updated 2 Jun 2015 , 5:37pm by -K8memphis

caseytykia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseytykia Posted 2 Jun 2015 , 1:59am
post #1 of 7

I will be getting a cake for a wedding. 350 people are invited, but i'm guessing around 300 will come. My fiance and I would love just one big wedding cake for all the guests, but I don't know if that's possible. If it is, what size would you use for the tiers.

Our other option would be one big cake and two smaller two-tier cakes. The three cakes would serve all the guests. In this case, what size tiers would you use for the cakes?

Thank you!

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 Jun 2015 , 2:44am
post #2 of 7

6/9/12/15/18 round

julia1812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julia1812 Posted 2 Jun 2015 , 5:52am
post #3 of 7

^^^

But depending on your budget you could have a 3 tier cake and sheet cake served on the side (since those servings are coming out from the kitchen non of your guests would probably realise that he's getting a piece that's not from the actual wedding cake.

MinaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MinaBakes Posted 2 Jun 2015 , 2:49pm
post #4 of 7

18" wow, wish I could fit an 18 pan in MY oven lol =D

caseytykia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseytykia Posted 2 Jun 2015 , 2:57pm
post #5 of 7

She just told us she can only do 4 tiers. Her largest round is 16. The budget isn't a problem because she has great prices!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 Jun 2015 , 3:46pm
post #6 of 7

an 18" half round pan fits is a lot of ovens.  It goes in at an angle.
And unless you make the sheet cake as many layers per tier as the wedding cake,. everyone will know.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Jun 2015 , 5:37pm
post #7 of 7

another option is to use eight 8" cakes to make a 16" square then pile on a16" x 12" x 10" x 8" all rounds -- that gives about 340  you can fudge a few of the sizes -- but if she's not comfortable with stacking a big buncha cake then oh well 

but I'm with you the cake should mirror the size of the crowd otherwise your guests could come away feeling not provided for

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%