How To Transport Fondant Figures Without Toppling

Sugar Work By Bhashini Updated 31 May 2015 , 5:08pm by Bhashini

Bhashini Posted 31 May 2015 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 4

Dear all,
I need to transport some fondant figures. I am planing to store them in a cardboard box. In the box there will be a cardboard layer fixed in the middle, so i can place the figures on it, i have fixed tooth pics to each figure at the bottom, and these tooth pics will be going through the middle cardboard layer to stay firm. But my worry is what if they topple. Do u have any idea how cake figures can be transported without any damage. Appreciate if you can provide me some advice, some useful links to articles and videos.
Thank you!!!
B

3 replies
julia1812 Posted 31 May 2015 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 4

I transport mine usually on  a Styrofoam board with a toothpick "fence" around them. I cut the Styrofoam to the size of a topper ware container so it's not shifting inside of it. If the figure is not too tall I just put some cling film balls between it and the side of the tupperware box.

julia1812 Posted 31 May 2015 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 4

I transport mine usually on  a Styrofoam board with a toothpick "fence" around them. I cut the Styrofoam to the size of a topper ware container so it's not shifting inside of it. If the figure is not too tall I just put some cling film balls between it and the side of the tupperware box.

Bhashini Posted 31 May 2015 , 5:08pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much for the quick reply.I have never used  styrofoam boards as i usually fix my cake toppers directly on the cake. my issue is once fixed on the styrofoam using a tooth pic, how can i remove the topper back without damaging it, specialy when the tooth pic is too short to go through the full height of the styrofoam. Appreciate your reply on this. Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%