Which Is Best For Kneading And Rolling Out Mmf?

Decorating By Queensweet Updated 30 May 2015 , 12:12am by Bogginboy

Queensweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Queensweet Posted 29 May 2015 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone,

I'm having a lot of trouble with my MMF. The first few times I did it it seemed to go pretty well, but not the last couple times. I'm ending up spending all day on one cake. Is it best to use crisco, corn starch, or powdered sugar to knead and roll out fondant? Mine constantly sticks and it's so frustrating to have to start over. I also seem to have tons of bubbles no matter what I do. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

4 replies
Marielijah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marielijah Posted 29 May 2015 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 5

I use The Mat by Sweet Wise and my fondant never sticks.  You don't need Crisco, cornstarch or powdered sugar when using The Mat.

Queensweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Queensweet Posted 29 May 2015 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 5

Ok good to know! I've been thinking about getting that. Now is it ok to cut fondant on the mat? Or would I have to transfer it to a specific cutting mat?
Read more at http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/821898/which-is-best-for-kneading-and-rolling-out-mmf#post_7624233#ViVofvBT8pci5Ijm.99

Marielijah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marielijah Posted 29 May 2015 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 5

I have never cut on it before but I would imagine you would be safer to transfer to a cutting mat.

Bogginboy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bogginboy Posted 30 May 2015 , 12:12am
post #5 of 5

What I do is rub the board down with crisco (a light coating) and then dust it with powdered sugar and it seems to work do not use cornstarch if you might have to roll it out more than once as it will really dry it out but ifyouareusing a mold or something like that then use cornstarch but do not use it for rolling out 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%