Rich's Whip (Not Bettercream)

Decorating By cupcake613 Updated 28 May 2015 , 12:39pm by remnant3333

cupcake613 Posted 27 May 2015 , 8:43pm
post #1 of 3

Has anyone used buttercream (crisco based) borders/flowers/writing, etc on top of Rich's whip = the kind that comes in a can or a jar ,  frozen and you thaw and whip before use.  I always fill/ frost cakes using buttercream, but a friend is planning to bake/frost a cake in the Rich whip, "pareve" whip cream and wanted to know if I could add decorations.  Alternatively, could do decor in the whip cream, but I have a feeling that decorations with that will not hold.. Again, this isn't the Rich's bettercream (which isn't really "pareve") I know that many decorators use, this is the cream you whip up from the liquid (a completely different product, I believe.

Thanks for any advice.

2 replies
cupcake613 Posted 28 May 2015 , 12:29pm
post #2 of 3

Anybody with experience/advice?

remnant3333 Posted 28 May 2015 , 12:39pm
post #3 of 3

I have made stabilized whip cream and made decorations, borders and flowers that all seem to hold up well if whip cream is stabilized.  The only problem is I refrigerate. I don't leave it out for too long of refrigerator.

I have never used Rich's whip so I don't know about the answer of using buttercream on top. Hopefully, someone here with more expertise will be able to answer your questions. Good luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%