Is It Ok To Tell A Potential Client To Wait???

Business By beckalyn20 Updated 27 May 2015 , 4:53pm by beckalyn20

beckalyn20 Posted 27 May 2015 , 1:24am
post #1 of 6

So I just received a message from someone wanting a call of duty cake that has an edible image, for only 30 people. All black fondant, no other design other than the edible image. First, I do not have a printer so I would have to order from either Etsy, Wal-Mart, or a Bakery supplier. Its 8:22 where I am located and everything is closed. Is it ok to tell her I will get back with her tomorrow. Also I usually would charge 3.00 per serving for a fondant cake. is this about accurate for the cake I described?

5 replies
thecakewitch Posted 27 May 2015 , 1:34am
post #2 of 6

Tell your client to get permission from the copyright holder before you can make the cake.

costumeczar Posted 27 May 2015 , 1:58am
post #3 of 6

Of course it's fine to tell someone that you need to get back to them. And yeah, that's a copyright issue too. If someone tried to order that from me in my Etsy shop I wouldn't sell it to them because it's not my copyright to sell. If you got a Decopac one that would work.

beckalyn20 Posted 27 May 2015 , 2:49am
post #4 of 6

Ok, so it's actually not allowed for me to purchase this print out from wal-mart or another place like that? I really truly do need to contact someone for permission?

johnson6ofus Posted 27 May 2015 , 5:12am
post #5 of 6

Most of those places KNOW the copyright laws and will not print it out...period. To make a few bucks on the edible images is just not worth it for the "print shop", probably not worth it for the baker either, but we all know those threads. 

I am fairly sure you will not get any "big" bakery to print a copyright image for you. 

beckalyn20 Posted 27 May 2015 , 4:53pm
post #6 of 6

Ok, never had a request for an edible image! Glad I asked!

Quote by @%username% on %date%