Confirmation Cake - How To Incorporate Confirmation Into This....

Decorating By weidertm24 Updated 4 Jul 2015 , 9:33pm by SquirrellyCakes

weidertm24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weidertm24 Posted 27 May 2015 , 1:22am
post #1 of 13

So my aunt called and asked about a cake for my cousins confirmation and she said she wanted this. I have no idea how to incorporate confirmation into this... Any suggestions?

12 replies
carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 27 May 2015 , 2:11am
post #3 of 13

Ok as I read your post, I was thinking, a Rosary, Praying Hands, a Pray Book, Church steeple, Stained Glass Window.......then the pic opened and I lost it....... Sorry no disrespect but its a Pig Cake, is that the correct pic? There's a challenge!!! I will have to put on my thinking cap for this one.

weidertm24 Posted 27 May 2015 , 2:22am
post #4 of 13

Yes, the correct picture. I had the same thought as you once I got the picture. I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas before I told her I think we should go in a different direction. 

carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 27 May 2015 , 3:16am
post #5 of 13

Honestly I'm drawing a blank on this one. Confirmation is such a wonderful milestone in a young persons life, I really feel something more elegant would be more appropriate. It doesn't  have to be stuffy either. If she really has her heart set on Miss Piggy, how about in cupcakes/cookies but another design for the main cake. I recently did a First Communion cake for a friend and I showed her a couple different designs from traditional to modern and she was able to find one she liked. You know your family best show them whats out their design wise and let them choose. This way they still feel like they have some input. HTH

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 27 May 2015 , 5:39am
post #6 of 13

Wow... just wow. And I thought the baby popping out of the belly, or worse, between legs cakes were bad. How a pig incorporates into a milestone religious event for a young lady (? I assume) is way beyond me.  Hopefully google images can help.... <sigh>.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 27 May 2015 , 8:12am
post #7 of 13

The effect of clicking on the link after reading confirmation cake was shocking and hilarious!  I have no ideas for you but I can't wait to see what you come up with.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 27 May 2015 , 12:16pm
post #8 of 13

Well, I guess you could do a book cake made into a  Holy Bible with a Noah's Ark theme?

Webake2gether Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Webake2gether Posted 27 May 2015 , 12:19pm
post #9 of 13

Oh wow what a combo lol. I agree with carolinecakes. I would search and find a couple of ideas to show them and recommend they have the pig cake for another special event. I'm drawing a blank here like another poster said maybe do cookies or cupcakes like pigs but still where is the connection??  

This will be interesting please keep us updated :)

SquirrellyCakes Posted 27 May 2015 , 12:19pm
post #10 of 13

Oh gosh, sorry...meant to add, two pigs could be part of the pairs of critters.  And sorry, but it just is too much fun to pass up but you could write, "Confirmed On- Board

MinaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MinaBakes Posted 27 May 2015 , 3:12pm
post #11 of 13

Or Congratulations on your cOINKfirmation! xD Does she want to incorporate a pig into the cake or a pig theme? or just make that same cake and write "[cousin's name CONFIRMATION 2015]"? Do they live in a farm? Is the pig your cousin's fav animal? Is it a boy or a girl? I'm in so much shock, but I have so many questions! LOL

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 4 Jul 2015 , 9:02pm
post #12 of 13

@weidertm24  So what did you end up doing?  This was so funny!

SquirrellyCakes Posted 4 Jul 2015 , 9:33pm
post #13 of 13

Yeah, like Pastrybaglady said, "Oinkquiring minds want to Noah"?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%