Advice On How To Price Cupcakes ?

Business By iamthekeyy Updated 26 May 2015 , 5:26am by johnson6ofus

iamthekeyy Posted 26 May 2015 , 12:55am
post #1 of 3

I've been wanting to start selling my cupcakes and I'm wondering how to go about pricing them ? I make regular size and mini cupcakes. I'd rather not have to sit around and deal with math for each different batch, so how would I figure up a rounded price ?

Also, any advice on starting a small business would be helpful ! Thanks :)

2 replies
thecakewitch Posted 26 May 2015 , 1:07am
post #2 of 3

If you don't want 'to sit around and deal with math for each different batch' for your own business, why should we? There's no magic number, it's all hard work.......and a lot of math!

johnson6ofus Posted 26 May 2015 , 5:26am
post #3 of 3

Math is your friend. Charging is all about knowing your costs, both in food expenses, overhead (utility/ insurance) and labor. If you are starting a new business, you have to learn to love numbers. How else will you count all the profits? Seriously--- not being a smart mouth. The math will make you or break you. Ask my sister the doctor who INSISTS on having her own practice/ office. She hates numbers too. She never personally made less than $200K per year and been bankrupt three times. I have been unable to convince her that running her own business requires her to love numbers, and if she doesn't, go work for someone else and collect a paycheck and forget the accounting, budgeting, calculating, taxes, etc. She can still be a doctor and NOT run her own business. 

A cupcake is one serving. Can be anywhere from $1 to $8, or more. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%