Question For My Ganache Using Friends...

Business By Jinkies Updated 27 May 2015 , 12:18am by Jinkies

Jinkies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jinkies Posted 25 May 2015 , 4:03pm
post #1 of 5

When I use smbc, I always chill my cakes before delivery.  I'm trying to switch to Ganache under the fondant now.  

So, my question is...do you still chill your cakes before delivery or do you feel the Ganache keeps it pretty sturdy.  I have 2 good size  Ganache/fondant cakes coming up in June and it will probably be pretty hot and humid by then.

Thanks!

4 replies
cake-o-holic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-o-holic Posted 25 May 2015 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 5

I always chill my gananched cakes before delivery.  I like to delivery my cakes super cold and about 2 hrs before the start time of the event.  This way, the cake comes down to room temp and the ganache is still sturdy enough.

Something about not chilling the cakes gets me nervous.  I chill my cakes covered with fondant too.  I've never had an issue delivering in hot weather..crank up that AC!  I take the cakes out literally just before i leave for the delivery.

hope that helps.

Jinkies Posted 25 May 2015 , 5:39pm
post #3 of 5

Yes, that does help. Thank you!

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 26 May 2015 , 10:40am
post #4 of 5

I always chill my cakes over the summer no matter what they are finished in either IMBC or Ganache/fondant.  Over the winter I don't refrigerate my Ganache/fondant cakes as it is cool enough for the Ganache to set firm.

Jinkies Posted 27 May 2015 , 12:18am
post #5 of 5

Thank you, 810whitechoc.  I made a couple of ganache cakes over the winter that weren't travelling far so I didn't chill them. They were not tiered so I felt they were pretty sturdy.  But, I will definitely be chilling them over the summer :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%