What Is This Mould/pattern?

Baking By Snowflakebunny23 Updated 25 May 2015 , 5:33pm by Goreti

Snowflakebunny23 Posted 25 May 2015 , 9:27am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone!  I am designing the wedding cake for one of my oldest friends and she has shown me a picture of a cake in which she really likes a specific feature - the semi-circle lace overlays on the side of each tier.  Does anyone know how this was done?  It looks like a lace mat to me but I can't find one...it's certainly not the cake lace range.  Any ideas?  My back up plan would be to airbrush over an intricate doilie but that isn't how this is done and i think this way looks much better!  Thanks!

5 replies
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 25 May 2015 , 9:33am
post #2 of 6

Ok, struggling to link in the photos here - Sorry!  If you open my profile, it is the first picture...beautiful 4-tier cake in white with bunches of sugar flowers and the mystery pink lace pattern.  Will try and figure out the linking into threads now...

Goreti Posted 25 May 2015 , 12:31pm
post #3 of 6

That is a beautiful cake made by Erica O'Brien.  On her blog, she has the mold information.  It is Marroqui Lace Mold by RVO.

MsGF Posted 25 May 2015 , 12:31pm
post #4 of 6

It's definitely cake lace.  There are many different companies out there who make this type of thing now.    If you can figure out who made the cake in the photo it will give you an idea of the country they live in and the companies that are local to them.

If you can't find the exact doily pattern, use a different one.  The cake will still be beautiful.

Snowflakebunny23 Posted 25 May 2015 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you both!  I didn't know who made it - the bride just sent me a picture which I think she found on pinterest.  It's not until I saw the close-up of the cake on Erica's blog that I saw the mould isn't actually one piece...genius idea placing them on top of each other!    Helps massively - thanks :-)

Goreti Posted 25 May 2015 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 6

You're welcome.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%