Cake Pan?

Decorating By Fahrenheit Updated 24 May 2015 , 1:10pm by -K8memphis

Fahrenheit Posted 24 May 2015 , 1:16am
post #1 of 7

Please, what type of pan can one use to make a cake like this? 

Princess Sofia Pillow Cake

6 replies
Naivohw Posted 24 May 2015 , 1:49am
post #2 of 7

The first thing I thought of was a pan like this:

http://www.joann.com/wilton-cake-pans-novelty-dancing-daisy/8213480.html?mkwid=bAp6a5hw|dc&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Shopping+-+Baking&CS_003=10131488&CS_010=[ProductId]&gclid=CIGXn5Wg2cUCFQSUfgodx6gADw

Maybe bake 2 cakes and make it a double layer to get some added height, and then some carving to contour out the "petal" area?

gscout73 Posted 24 May 2015 , 2:47am
post #3 of 7

Actually, I was thinking about the standard petal pan, two layer, then carved to contour the top. It is a lovely cake.

Magda_MI Posted 24 May 2015 , 5:26am
post #4 of 7

Looks almost like a bundt pan to me.

Fahrenheit Posted 24 May 2015 , 11:39am
post #5 of 7

Thanks for all the responses. It is like a bundt cake pan, but slightly different.

-K8memphis Posted 24 May 2015 , 1:09pm
post #6 of 7

Quote by @gscout73 on 10 hours ago

Actually, I was thinking about the standard petal pan, two layer, then carved to contour the top. It is a lovely cake.

this ^^^^ because the cake is poochier/wider than it is tall -- i looked at the nordic ware bundt pans and they are taller so those wouldn't give you that shape -- but just rounding off a 2-layer scalloped pan cake would get you there exactly as gscout73 says --

and in other news nordic ware has some new pans that are pretty cool -- plus i love all the old ones to -- but the bunny pan where you could have 6 bunnies hopping all over your spring table -- the apple pan so cool -- they have a few more duet pans where you can make two of one design -- like if you're doing gifts --

oh and there's a village -- and a gingerbread duet -- so cool --- a well thought out skull pan and i love the cathedral cake pan -- cinnamon bun pan, and a pretty star of david too

i just love nordic ware pans -- just not for this project --

best to you

-K8memphis Posted 24 May 2015 , 1:10pm
post #7 of 7

and they are cheaper through amazon or even at williams sonoma with a coupon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%