Edible Image On Cookies Lifting On The Edges

Decorating By globalgatherings Updated 27 May 2015 , 11:41pm by globalgatherings

globalgatherings Posted 23 May 2015 , 11:31pm
post #1 of 5

I'm using Icing images edible circles on top of Royal iced cookies. I used them per directions." lay icing circle on wet royal icing" My problem is; as they dry the edges lift and by the time they are dry the whole border has lifted. It lifts the royal icing up with it and I just don't like the look. It makes it difficult to make the border look good even when I go back over it with a royal icing border. I would like it to be flat. Any suggestions??

4 replies
DeniseAtTCR Posted 26 May 2015 , 3:52am
post #2 of 5

I'll give you some ideas you might try, but I have not tried the myself o it know if they will work. Let the royal icing dry on the cookie before applying the image. Then lightly mist or use a damp paint brush to add just enough water to attach the image. Or paint he back of the image with a thin layer of flood icing and attach to the dry royal icing on the cookie. Something I have seen others do is paint the back of the image with clear gel, then stick it on dry cookie. Good luck. Let us know what you end up with that works.

globalgatherings Posted 26 May 2015 , 5:26am
post #3 of 5

Thank you for your help Denise, I'll definitely give it try. It hasn't been working on a wet cookie so I think your advice is great

Kelly 

solascakes Posted 26 May 2015 , 9:09am
post #4 of 5

I always use piping gel, water alone never holds it down, and at times it might still lift a little ,I'll then put a thin fondant border to hold it down. Royal icing is very strong ,so I think it'll be the best. Let royal icing dry on cookie and add another thin layer to stick the edible image.

globalgatherings Posted 27 May 2015 , 11:41pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you for your reply solascakes, I'll give it a try. Appreciate your feedback!!

Kelly 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%