All Butter Whimsical Bakehouse Bc

Baking By jemchina Updated 23 May 2015 , 6:44pm by mccantsbakes

jemchina Posted 22 May 2015 , 5:32pm
post #1 of 6

Any one ever try it with all butter vs the original recipe?

5 replies
mccantsbakes Posted 22 May 2015 , 7:18pm
post #2 of 6

Have you tried their IMBC?  I have wanted to, but find myself only using tried and true recipes.

I haven't had a ton of success with their house buttercream.  I find it is too soft for good piping. 

I love the process it is made though....adding the liquid to powdered sugar and then adding the fats.    I haven't ever tried it all butter though.   Would it crust?   Would it hold shape as well?   

Maybe try it, but reduce the liquid?  I find that with that recipe I reduce the liquid anyway and still am not happy with the results. 

jemchina Posted 22 May 2015 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 6

I have never tried the Kaye's one. but I really love the taste of the WHB. And I normally use it for cupcakes.  I haven't had a problem with piping it, but I do live in a colder climate.

mccantsbakes Posted 22 May 2015 , 10:20pm
post #4 of 6

I love it for cupcakes.   For things that need a stiff consistency....it let's me down :( (or I let me down making it....could be user error on my end for sure!)

Oh oh I especially love their cookies and cream filling.   Holy delicious. 

jemchina Posted 23 May 2015 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 6

Quote by @mccantsbakes on 21 hours ago

Have you tried their IMBC?  I have wanted to, but find myself only using tried and true recipes.

I haven't had a ton of success with their house buttercream.  I find it is too soft for good piping. 

I love the process it is made though....adding the liquid to powdered sugar and then adding the fats.    I haven't ever tried it all butter though.   Would it crust?   Would it hold shape as well?   

Maybe try it, but reduce the liquid?  I find that with that recipe I reduce the liquid anyway and still am not happy with the results. 

I find that the ratio of liquid to sugar is so little that it is better to add more sugar than reduce the liquid. This recipe doesn't crust, but I have placed cupcakes in fridge and it does slightly harden on the outside.  My results are always pretty consistent with the original recipe. I use the whisk attachment first, and then switch to the paddle when adding the fats.  I also tend to weigh my sugar and fats so it comes out the same each time.

I did try it today with less HRshortening. I used 1 3/4 cups replaced the rest with butter. I have to say it came out almost the same. I say almost because my kitchen was on the warm side, so after coloring it I placed in fridge for a bit.  Next time I'll get brave and use all butter :).

mccantsbakes Posted 23 May 2015 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 6

I have a couple cakes coming up, maybe I will get brave and try it too.

i will report my findings :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%