Cake Pop Costs

Baking By mjohns46 Updated 22 May 2015 , 1:57pm by Lwarmke79

mjohns46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjohns46 Posted 20 May 2015 , 3:07am
post #1 of 6

I am just curious if anyone knows the general price it costs to make cake pops? Not to sell them, just to make them. The cost from how ever many you can make from one cake. I am new to making them.

5 replies
johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 20 May 2015 , 4:13am
post #2 of 6

Really varies. Are you using a scratch cake or box cake? Are you using premium ingredients? Are you dipping in real chocolate or melts? Most important--- do you carve cakes and have "free" scraps? Do you use premium colors sticks, white bulk sticks?

All these will affect what your price is per unit.

MinaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MinaBakes Posted 20 May 2015 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, like Johnson said. It very much depends on how much your ingredients cost YOU. It can vary from area to area too. I'm in south Florida, but buying certain things in Key West will cost a lot more than here, ergo, cake pops will cost more.

Lwarmke79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lwarmke79 Posted 22 May 2015 , 1:23am
post #4 of 6

I cost my cake pops at 0.30 per pop and charge 2.50-3.50 each.

That include the melts, stick, cake, icing and bag/ribbon.  From a 1/4 sheet that is approx 2" high I get 60 pops.

This is how much it costs me, I buy from Sysco, Us foods and websteraunt online. Your costs will differ.

mjohns46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjohns46 Posted 22 May 2015 , 1:29am
post #5 of 6

Thanks for all the tips and advice! I was very fortunate to go find a local bulk store after I read some of the replies. I found everything I needed at one store and saved a lot of money. I was able to find 100 sticks for $2, bags, bulks melts, and sprinkles. I settled on making everything from scratch and charging $2 for standard pops. Anything more than dipped, simple drizzle and sprinkles will be charged for more.

Lwarmke79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lwarmke79 Posted 22 May 2015 , 1:57pm
post #6 of 6

That's great but right now can you say right now, what the cost per pop is? I know that I pay less than .006 per stick. and that my recipe for vanilla pops  (ingredients) are .13 each. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%