Help! Cake Is Stuck, No Time For A New One!

Baking By WickedSweetDebbie Updated 19 May 2015 , 8:18pm by Jenn123

WickedSweetDebbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WickedSweetDebbie Posted 19 May 2015 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 7

My mom offered to help me out and baked two cakes for my daughter's birthday. She enhanced the recipe and I know she greased/floured the pan but for some reason they are stuck! 

I dont have time to read a million forums and the last 3 websites I looked at had plenty advide for "next time..."    I dont need advice for next time, just need some advice/suggestions on how to get these two cakes un-stuck, without breaking, within the next 2 hours!!! THANK YOU!!

6 replies
Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 19 May 2015 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 7

warm the bottom on the stove for a minute to "melt" the pan grease? Cut around the edge with a knife.

Jenn123 Posted 19 May 2015 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 7

Might need to bump the side hard  too to make it shift a little after you loosen the edge.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 May 2015 , 6:36pm
post #4 of 7

yes what jenn123 said -- then if it breaks and it really might no worries -- spread some buttercream into the cracked area --  then just get a spatula with a flat edge and scrape out the piece/s that stuck and set them into place onto the icing -- bam! it's done all the time -- you got this -- and if the cake is chocolate and you have chocolate icing it's a less noticeable save but whatever -- it will hold together and all is well --

best to you and most of all -- don't panic (anymore)

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 19 May 2015 , 8:06pm
post #5 of 7

Yes to all of the above!  Even if a big hunk doesn't make it out  you can always scrape it out and reposition it.  If your cake is moist enough it will still cut well and make it onto the plate.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 19 May 2015 , 8:16pm
post #6 of 7

If you had more time I would have suggested freezing it. I have had this issue with my Nordic Ware gingerbread man loaf pan and Nordic Ware rose pan with some recipes.  Freezing then sitting the pan briefly in hot water and thumping hard a few times has resulted in the cake/loaf coming out clean.

Not that this helps you now but I tend to line my pan bottoms with parchment if at all possible.

Hope all goes well and happy birthday to your daughter!

Jenn123 Posted 19 May 2015 , 8:18pm
post #7 of 7

I agree with squirlley cakes for the future. Use parchment to line the bottom. Also don't leave your cake in the pan for a long time after it cools. I try to get them out as soon as they are room temp.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%