How Would You Stack This Cake

Decorating By 2kats Updated 21 May 2015 , 2:11am by 2kats

2kats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2kats Posted 19 May 2015 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 14

Hi.

I need help with constructing this cake.  How would you stack it, what kind of stand etc would you use, to get the gap in the middle for the flowers?  I have never used a cake stand or pillars before, just always stacked the cakes on top of each other.  My only idea would be to use the white pillar type stand but I don't see a white plate underneath the top two tiers in the picture.  Any better ideas?

Displaying photo.PNG

13 replies
SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 19 May 2015 , 2:42pm
post #2 of 14

Photo link doesn't work.

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 19 May 2015 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 14

I can't see your photo but I use these coast separators. The pillars go all the way through the cake and can be cut to any height.

http://www.amazon.com/Coast-Single-Plate-Separator-System/dp/B00NG1A6QS

Use one plate and 4 columns for each tier separation.

2kats Posted 19 May 2015 , 7:48pm
post #4 of 14

What is a better way to add a photo?  I can see the photo on my computer do in not sure why it isn't showing up. 

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 19 May 2015 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 14

I don't know. I haven't been able to attach any pictures either. Is it online where you can just add a link to it?

MinaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MinaBakes Posted 19 May 2015 , 8:43pm
post #6 of 14

If you have it uploaded on a separate page, you can right click the photo and look for "Copy image URL" and that will send us directly to the pic rather than the site. I had to upload mine to my google account in order to show a pic on a different thread!!

MinaBakes Posted 20 May 2015 , 10:15pm
post #8 of 14

You can use pillars and then a plate smaller than the cake so it's not visible. I probably should have done that, see below my version. 

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-JlczJCaqfW4/VVs71iGty9I/AAAAAAAAAEw/djjS5Le_vVM/w593-h455-no/FB_IMG_1430919540491.jpg

Except they wanted the gap, they wanted the bare crystal look. I found mine on Amazon.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 May 2015 , 11:12pm
post #9 of 14

Of course I use SPS.  Just use the 7" precut legs and you'll create a 3" air gap for the flowers.

2kats Posted 21 May 2015 , 12:36am
post #10 of 14

Thanks for all the help!

So, if I use the SPS I would need to purchase the 4 pillars and one top plate and there is a plate at the bottom of the big cake that the legs lock into?  

Are these something you would charge a deposit for that the bride would return or do you consider them disposable?  

MinaBakes Posted 21 May 2015 , 1:20am
post #11 of 14

You got it! You should definitely charge for them. You can also give them the option to give it back so you can reuse them later and they get a refund for it, if you want.

leah_s Posted 21 May 2015 , 1:51am
post #12 of 14

When assembled SPS looks like a table.  That leg and plate assembly goes into the below tier and supports the upper tier.  My sticky of instructions is missing from CC, so just search on You Tube.  It will all make sense then.  It's designed to be disposable.  It really doesn't hold up well for multiple uses, so charge for it and let them pitch it.  One more item you do not have to try to get returned.

leah_s Posted 21 May 2015 , 1:51am
post #13 of 14

Oh, and the 7" precuts come in the multi-length set.  You'll use 1, 5" leg plus 1, 2' leg.  They fit together securely.

2kats Posted 21 May 2015 , 2:11am
post #14 of 14

Wonderful!  Thanks for all the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%