Foam Tear Drops For Gumpast Flower Bases

Decorating By snazzycakes1 Updated 19 May 2015 , 7:25pm by pastrypet

snazzycakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snazzycakes1 Posted 18 May 2015 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 9

does anyone know where you can order foam tear drop shapes to make gumpaste/wafer paper flowers, instead of making the base out of gumpaste etc? 

8 replies
HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 18 May 2015 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 9

In your search box (Google, Yahoo or what-ever) type in:  "foam+cones+for+gum-paste+flowers" and the different websites should pop up. Typically they are sold at some cake supply stores. The only ones that are sold at a craft store would be the solid plastic cone from Wilton. Good Luck and Best Wishes with your search and finding what you are looking for!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 May 2015 , 2:56am
post #3 of 9

I make mine with a foam cutter -- I know Nick lodge used to sell them

HamSquad Posted 19 May 2015 , 5:41am
post #4 of 9

Really? What type of foam cutter do you use K8memphis? WOW!

-K8memphis Posted 19 May 2015 , 12:19pm
post #5 of 9

at first i got the one from michael's then i branched out and got some from hot wire foam factory -- they are just hot wires with a handle --

the ones i make are rougher than the ones you buy but they work like crazy i can make any size and after the cost of the cutter and foam they cost practically nothing -- i use foam insulation from the hardware store (like lowe's) you can get it in huge sheets or in smaller easier to manage sheets -- and i make my own cake dummies too and whatever else i need out of foam of course -- it's a lot of fun

https://hotwirefoamfactory.com/-Crafters-Kits/

-K8memphis Posted 19 May 2015 , 12:26pm
post #6 of 9

if you go to lowe's (are you in the states?) and get one of the 4x8 sheets they will cut it for you to make it easier to handle if you want but they also sell it in a pack

in smaller sizes although i didn't see them listed on the website

HamSquad Posted 19 May 2015 , 5:42pm
post #7 of 9

OMG! Wonderful information! I Love that hot knife! I bought from Hobby Lobby that 2 piece foam saw thing.  I think I will invest in this cutter. I do other crafts also, so WOW this info is a Blessing! THANK YOU DEAR HEART -K8memphis!

-K8memphis Posted 19 May 2015 , 6:27pm
post #8 of 9

you're so welcome! :)

pastrypet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%