Wedding Cake Pop Cake

Decorating By cakepop123 Updated 18 May 2015 , 10:58pm by Happyfood

cakepop123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakepop123 Posted 18 May 2015 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 3

I have a bride who wants a wedding cake pop cake but she does not want the cake pops stuck on with toothpicks.  She wants them to be on regular cake pop sticks so her guests can actually pull the entire thing out and eat it off the stick.  Anyone have any ideas on how this would work?  And how much you would charge for it?  I'm assuming I would need to set it up on site and I don't see how I would be able to insert the stick into the styrofoam without a pointy end like a toothpick has.  Thanks!

2 replies
SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 18 May 2015 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 3

If the regular sticks won't insert just make your holes first with shish kabob sticks.  Then insert cake pop and you will have a good idea of spacing. Not sure why the cake pop sticks would be a problem as I put cookie pops on popsicle sticks in foam with no problems. Have you tried them?

Or are  you asking what the guests would use to grip them with to pull out?  Why not just leave the stick partially exposed on both ends?  

Not sure what the issue is?  Might help to post a link to the design you are doing and state where you are and how many servings and what the pops will be made of and coated/decorated with.  There are just so many ways of doing these.

Happyfood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Happyfood Posted 18 May 2015 , 10:58pm
post #3 of 3

I may be doing some useless thinking here but has she thought about the sanitary issue with people going up to her cake pop cake and needing to pull the pop out or will there be someone handy to take it apart to put the individual pops on a serving tray?  I am always grossed out with people who like to touch everything before they make up their minds.

I sure would like to see a photo of what you all are planning.  It sounds pretty.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%