$ /hour

Business By Sugar Creations Updated 18 May 2015 , 4:00am by Sugar Creations

Sugar Creations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar Creations Posted 18 May 2015 , 2:44am
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone,

I am planning on making a few dummy cakes . I have the styrofoams, fondant, molds,and coloring and everything else needed to cover the cakes and decorate it. They will not be 3D..just good old fashioned round cakes 10" and less. I suck at covering dummy cakes with fondant..:(

Therefore, I am thinking of hiring someone to do it for me. How much do you think I should pay this person for this task? Maybe a per hour rate? Please help and any advice is helpful!

Thanks

2 replies
Frank68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frank68 Posted 18 May 2015 , 3:05am
post #2 of 3

Hi Sugar Creations, I used to have trouble covering dummies with fondant until I got the right dummies. You need smooth solid foam dummies (I get them from http://guildcraftfoam.com/) . Cover with a little bit of buttercream and cover with fondant like normal. You should not have to sub this out if you're decent at covering regular cakes.

The issue is that the dummies from some craft stores are not smooth, they have pits and other defects that show through the fondant. 

Hope that helps,

Frank

Sugar Creations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar Creations Posted 18 May 2015 , 4:00am
post #3 of 3

thanks for that website. Saw a lot of interesting shapes there..:)

I had no idea that it could be the styrofoam i was using. Thank you very much. I will be buying some.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%