Nfsc - For How Long Can They Stay Fresh?

Baking By Achee Updated 24 May 2015 , 8:46pm by SquirrellyCakes

Achee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Achee Posted 17 May 2015 , 10:13am
post #1 of 8

I have an event on Friday, May 22 and I have to bake many cakes two days in advance. I am also planning to make cookies and decorate them.

For how long can NFSC (No Fail Sugar Cookies) stay fresh if I want to bake them much earlier?

I guess I can store them in airtight container for freshness but not sure when they will start getting stale.

I need your help as soon as possible.

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 17 May 2015 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 8

idk but my girlfriend mailed me an nfsc in a business envelope -- wrapped in plastic but not bubble wrap just in plastic and mailed in a plain paper envelope -- she mailed out several to test it -- the cookie was still awesome -- she mailed from kentucky to me in memphis and i think she mailed to east coast and a couple other places around the country -- i was shocked that they did not crumble but they arrived tasty and fine -- they are quite sturdy -- 

if you can freeze them somewhere along the process that will buy some good time too -- freezing suspends it -- if you can decorate after thawing that would be best case scenario --

-K8memphis Posted 17 May 2015 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 8

and thaw gradually -- watch for condensation

-K8memphis Posted 17 May 2015 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 8

i would suggest you ramp up the vanilla or almond or whatever flavor you use though -- that would be the first to go/dissipate --

Happyfood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Happyfood Posted 18 May 2015 , 10:46pm
post #5 of 8

I have had un-iced NFSC cookies sit around for days but keep then tightly wrapped after they have been baked and cooled. They were stored at room temperature but not gotten into either.  I do use a lot of vanilla in mine and honestly believe they taste better when they have a chance to sit for a few days.  They do not seem to taste as good when they first come out of the oven for some reason. 

Achee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Achee Posted 24 May 2015 , 6:21pm
post #6 of 8

Dear -K8memphis thanks a lot, you have always helped me; and thanks to Happyfood too; both of your experiences have helped me.
Best regards

-K8memphis Posted 24 May 2015 , 6:44pm
post #7 of 8

thank you, achee, and you are very welcome

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 24 May 2015 , 8:46pm
post #8 of 8

Just wanted to add, I find that if you are going to put them in cellophane bags, you also need to store them in a sealed bag or air-tight container. The cellophane bags, no matter how tightly you tie them, don' keep them fresh.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%