Please Help

Decorating By hamtrina Updated 16 May 2015 , 2:02pm by SquirrellyCakes

hamtrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamtrina Posted 16 May 2015 , 1:59am
post #1 of 7

I really need some help or advice from all you fantastic cakers.. My daughter saw this cake and would like me to do the "GIRL JORDAN" medallions for her cake. I'm not sure if its a mold or not and if so where in the world could I buy one. Any help would be much appreicated.

6 replies
hamtrina Posted 16 May 2015 , 2:01am
post #2 of 7

I would post a photo but cannot figure out how to lol

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 16 May 2015 , 1:03pm
post #3 of 7

There are about 760-41,000 cakes depending on which search I use, haha...so I am not sure which you are referencing.  I have the same issue attaching a link but that is likely me.  

I am guessing you are asking about the image of the person that is on the shoes?  I could be wrong but I doubt there is a mold.

You could make these using a buttercream transfer or using fondant and cutting out  rounds.  Then make the image using a print of the image that you trace around. You could also use fondant and trace out the image then colour it in with edible markers.

SquirrellyCakes Posted 16 May 2015 , 1:58pm
post #5 of 7

Use either gumpaste (strictly for decoration) or fondant (if they will be eaten) and two circle cutters, one about a half of an inch smaller than the other.  So for example a 2.5 inch and a 2 inch cutter.

Cut out larger circle in black fondant.  Then use the smaller cutter to cut out the black fondant to make your frame.

Cut out large circle in white fondant. Attach  black frame to white circle using a bit of confectioner's glue or just slightly dampen the black frame to attach to white circle.

For the figure either freehand or print a copy of the figure from a picture of the shoe.  Trace and cut out figure in  blank fondant.  Attach to white fondant again by slightly dampening the back of figure.

Also to attach things you can use a bit of meringue powder mixed with water.

Looks like she used a string of pearls mold for the beaded trim around the frame.  Or you could use a round icing tip to cut out circles and roll into pearls. Use dust to colour pearls and attach.

SquirrellyCakes Posted 16 May 2015 , 1:59pm
post #6 of 7

Or you could simply use an edible marker to trace and draw the black figure.

SquirrellyCakes Posted 16 May 2015 , 2:02pm
post #7 of 7

It is also possible that these are oval shaped instead of round in which case you would need oval cutters. Hard to say as I am looking at the picture on my phone.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%