Belle Cake Ideas?

Decorating By 4cakefiends Updated 7 Oct 2005 , 3:27pm by cakefairy18

4cakefiends Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4cakefiends Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 18

I have to do a cake for my friend's little girl. I made Cinderella (wonder mold) and a castle cake for her sister last month. She wants Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I'm fine on the doll cake part, but don't really want to make another castle cake. Does anyone have any cute ideas that would fit the beauty and beast theme?

I've thought of possibly doing a book (Belle was always reading), or possibly a rose somehow. Any thoughts? Thanks for any and all help!

17 replies
nightowl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nightowl Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 12:55am
post #2 of 18

A teapot set shaped like the teapot and cup characters would be cute!

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 1:04am
post #3 of 18

I like the teapot & cup idea. I think Mrs Potts and Chip would be great along with Belle. I have seen teapots done with the sports ball pan I think and a mini ball or cupcake for the cup.

Can't wait to see what you do!

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 4:59pm
post #4 of 18

Don't know how hard this would be, but doesn't she read a book at one point sitting by a well? That may be cute, but it may be hard to do. That is one of my favorite movies! Please post a picture when you're done. icon_smile.gif

4cakefiends Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 12:52pm
post #5 of 18

Thanks for the ideas, hadn't thought of Mrs. Potts and Chip. That would be cute. Like the book/well idea as well, but it may be hard. Any thoughts on that one? I'm a visual person, do you guys have any picture references for Mrs. Potts/Chip? I'll have to do some research. Thanks for all your help so far.

smileyface Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 4:51pm
post #6 of 18

I hope this link works for you, it has some really good pics of Mrs Potts and Chip along with other characters

http://www.fantasiescometrue.com/SCHMID/schmid2.htm

Have fun!

HeatherMari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherMari Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 18

Hi,
I really like the book idea too. You could make an old looking book (maybe even find out a book she had in the movie?!? I have the video if you don't and I can look for you if you'd like) with a rose on top of it. That would be really cool! Just a thought!
Heather

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 4:55pm
post #8 of 18

Someone posted a darling teapot & cup cake yesterday. You could adapt it to look like Mrs. Potts and Chip.

4cakefiends Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 5:12pm
post #9 of 18

You guys are really wonderful! Thanks for all the inspiration. I'm still open for more if you've got them, so keep 'em coming...the links were great!

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 7:38pm
post #10 of 18

you can do the magic mirror. That shouldnt be too hard to do. you could make it from a sheet cake. it would be really cute.

you can also do a sheet caek and make the characters the clock the candle guy the tea set. maybe you can make them out of fondant or candy clay.

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 1:25am
post #11 of 18

Was just on a Wilton site that had great doll cakes and ideas,
http://www.wilton.com/dolls/doll_section/viewentries.asp?catid=1
Might be helpful, I know they had a number of different Beauty and the Beast cakes in a couple of different areas.

4cakefiends Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 2:33am
post #12 of 18

RaeMarie, Where did you see the pictures of the Beauty and the Beast cakes? I looked at the ones on the link you gave but you also said there were some others in different areas. I couldn't find it. Could you help direct me in the right way? Thanks! Julie

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 4:32pm
post #13 of 18

Is there any way you could modify the 3-D bear pan to make a "Beast" bust? If you're trying to do something 'special' like the castle you did for the other niece, I vote for Mrs. Potts and Chip! icon_smile.gif If you need something with more servings, I vote for a large sheet cake, cut in the shape of a dome with a pretty rose and lots of sparkle sprinkles on it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do!! Good Luck!

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 4:35pm
post #14 of 18

I love Belle! Even named my daughter after the character! So, dpwn to buisness. How about a book with a rose laying across the open book?

Debbi

fytar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fytar Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 5:27pm
post #15 of 18

Here is a coloring page of Mrs. Potts and Chip for a BCT.
LL

smileyface Posted 5 Oct 2005 , 6:17pm
post #16 of 18

http://www.wilton.com/dolls/doll_section/viewentries.asp?catid=1&whichpage=3

That shows 2 Belle Doll cakes. There are more, I saw 2 on page 4 also. Keeping going through the pages and you should find what you are looking for hopefully.

Have fun!

delithra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delithra Posted 6 Oct 2005 , 1:36am
post #17 of 18

Hey there
My good friend made this Belle cake for her daughter a few months ago. the characters are made from sugarpaste/gumpaste.
Hope it helps!
Deli
LL

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 7 Oct 2005 , 3:27pm
post #18 of 18

mrs. potts and chip would be soooo adorable on a cake...goood idea!!~

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%