Boozy Cupcakes

Baking By cupcakecakebar Updated 13 May 2015 , 3:28pm by SquirrellyCakes

cupcakecakebar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakecakebar Posted 13 May 2015 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 4

I'm trying to make my own recipe of boozy cupcakes and I don't know how to start up a recipe. I looked up boozy cupcakes but found a lot recipes but I just want to make own. How do I start? What ingredients do I put? Can anyone please help? Thanks

3 replies
AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 13 May 2015 , 1:26pm
post #2 of 4

Truthfully... I adjusted my own regular cupcake recipe...

I do purchase quality alcohol... and the higher the proof the better since some of it will cook off...

I replace a small amount of the liquid in my recipe with the liquor that I chose...

When the cupcakes are hot from the oven (I usually do this before I remove them from the pan) I brush them with a bit of the liquor too... I do not make it into a sugar syrup... Just a quick brush across the top with the actual liquor...

If you want the flavor in the icing as well, you can replace the all or part of the flavoring with the liquor...

LusciousBites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LusciousBites Posted 13 May 2015 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 4

I agree with what the pp said.  I just add liquor or beer to my recipes, and go from there :) you can brush it on as pp said, or use pipettes, depending on what they are for :)  I love me some boozy cupcakes! haha

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 13 May 2015 , 3:28pm
post #4 of 4

I poke holes in the cupcakes and then brush them or spoon the liquor over them.  Sometimes I mix the liquor into a butter/sugar glaze.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%