My Humanity Is In Question - Part 2 ...

Lounge By CTD1 Updated 12 May 2015 , 7:35pm by CTD1

CTD1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CTD1 Posted 12 May 2015 , 2:34pm
post #1 of 4

...and let's hope there isn't a part 3!

First, thank you to everyone who responded to my original thread.   I so enjoyed the wicked humor and would have shared that in the thread, but, well, I can't and that's the issue.  I now see that I am not alone in my evil, clandestine, alien take over of Cake Central.  @annelieskirk100, come sit by me.  It's been lonely roaming the galaxy looking for a landing spot.

Forgive me if the rest of this seems disjointed, but I'm trying to go my memory (it stinks! this alien does not possess great memory recall) and address a few things that I've seen posted in threads I can't respond to.  

Someone mentioned that the restriction might be to tied to join date.  I don't know about that, but I joined over a year ago, but have only a few posts.  As much as I would love to post more, time didn't allow for it on my part.  My last post was sometime after the board redesign and I had no issues at the time.

I try at least once a day to post in a thread, but get the same error message.  And as humorous as the error message is, and even though I see the necessity and have a desire to limit spam, it's frustrating.  Not only because I can't post in a thread, but there has been no communication from Cake Central beyond acknowledgment of receiving the help ticket.  

I believe I saw that a captcha (is that even spelled correctly?)  would be available to make a post.  That doesn't exist for me when I attempt to reply in a thread, but does when I start a new thread.  That seem's backwards to me.  

As I write this, there are pages and pages of spam in the form of new threads.  Wouldn't a more prudent approach be to moderate new threads first then posts?  I know it may be time consuming and I have no idea of your software capabilities, but it seems a more reasonable approach.  

I'm sure this issue is way down on the priority list and I'm sure at some point, it'll be resolved.  Until, I'll continue on my merry alien ways of planning world domination  :-)

Seriously, thanks to everyone for reading, and if you make a post and I can't respond immediately, whatever the definition of immediately turns out to be, please know it's not for lack of manners or interest on my part.

3 replies
Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 12 May 2015 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 4

Jackie uploaded a patch today for this, please let us know if you continue to have this problem.
Read more at http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/817621/unable-to-verify-human#dUAsg1aGrOddaOIU.99

CTD1 Posted 12 May 2015 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you!  Thank you! Thank you!

CTD1 Posted 12 May 2015 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 4

OMG!  A successful reply.  I am so happy!  Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%