Dumb question but I made some dipped oreos the other day in a mold with candy melts and they looked very pretty however, it wasn't easy to eat! It was hard, chunky and getting through all that candy was hard too. Do people actually eat these? Should I have made them with something else?
I've made those and one thing is to just barely cover the cookie, not fill the mold. The other thing is to mix shortening into the melted candy so it's a little easier on the teeth.
Hey! I've made chocolate covered Oreos several times with melted chocolate wafers (purchased at a bulk food store) and I have sampled them, on occasion. lol I've found them quite easy to bite into actually.
I have no problem shoving those babies into my mouth.
I always use the double stuffed cookies, as there's more cookie and less chocolate. That said, they are very easy to eat. Too easy in fact . . .