Re-Collecting Your Wedding Cake Stand

Business By SamWild85 Updated 9 May 2015 , 3:54am by johnson6ofus

SamWild85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SamWild85 Posted 8 May 2015 , 7:01am
post #1 of 7

Hi all,

Just after some advice to see what others do....

When delivering and setting up a wedding cake... How do you then get the stand back?

I have a wedding cupcake tower to do on the weekend which is a 2 hour round trip to set up, ive charged a price for set up and delivery, stand hire etc but what's the easiest way to get the stand back, another 2 hour round trip sounds like a lot of hassle? 

Its ok if I know the bride as I can just ask them to bring it home with them but if I don't know them can I really ask them to bring it back to our local area?!

just wondered what everyone else

does! Thank you for your help as always :)

Sam x

6 replies
Snowflakebunny23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 8 May 2015 , 8:21am
post #2 of 7

If a bride hires a stand from me, it is their responsibility to return it to me and they do not get their deposit back until they have done so.  I also have a deadline of a week but you need to be careful in case they do take longer if you need that stand the following week and it doesn't re-appear!!

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 8 May 2015 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 7

Rented stand needs to be returned by the bride. You can say, "This price includes delivery and set up. The stand needs to be returned by ____________. Or I can add $________ and send someone to get it."

I am sure there is a guest or friend who could return it to you. Or bride pays to have it picked up by you.

Offer an option, but be sure you are being compensated for your time and gas.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 May 2015 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 7

Yes, I totally agree w/the other posters.  It definitely is the responsibility of the bride (or family) to return to you and get their deposit back.   Just include the 'deposit' in the rental fee as johnson6ofus said.

SamWild85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SamWild85 Posted 8 May 2015 , 10:57pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks everyone, I was hoping it was the bride's responsibility to return it but didn't know if that was cheeky to expect that, so glad now I know people feel the same :)

thanks again!

Sam x

erin2345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin2345 Posted 9 May 2015 , 2:17am
post #6 of 7

It is your responsibility to inform the bride at the time of booking the cake and stand that she is responsible to return the stand to you x amount amount days after the wedding.  You can't just spring it on her a few days before the wedding.  That way, at the time of booking she can decide whether or not she could conceivably get the stand back to you in time or not.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 9 May 2015 , 3:54am
post #7 of 7

^^^ or make arrangements with someone else to get it returned. 

But I do agree, this should have been discussed and agreed upon PRIOR to the "day of" and included as part of the contract.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%