How To Mimic Sam's Club Cake

Baking By dora_2930 Updated 9 May 2015 , 5:13pm by Josie07

dora_2930 Posted 8 May 2015 , 3:18am
post #1 of 6

does someone know of a recipe to make a replica of the cake that Sam's Club sells?  i havent found one that stays soft when left overnight in fridge.

5 replies
MimiFix Posted 8 May 2015 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 6

Tell the Sam's clerk how much you love their cake. Then ask which brand cake mix they use.

costumeczar Posted 9 May 2015 , 12:45am
post #3 of 6

And use an icing that's 100% shortening with no butter.

craftybanana2 Posted 9 May 2015 , 1:41am
post #4 of 6
-K8memphis Posted 9 May 2015 , 12:46pm
post #5 of 6

if you want a recipe that will be soft out of the fridge then use oil in it don't use butter -- cakes made with butter do not relax or soften back up from fridge to room temp -- they will soften back up if you microwave them for a few seconds but of course after icing it that's not practical so the oil versus butter thing is a big part of it -- 

my scratch white and yellow cakes use butter so i use doctored mix for tier cakes -- i just make the scratch cakes for family --- doctored mix is a work horse formula that i always appreciated for schleppping cakes in & out the fridge for decorating -- i nearly always use fillings that need to be fridged too so that works like crazy for me 

i use self rising flour in mine so it's not heavy -- it's perfect 

Josie07 Posted 9 May 2015 , 5:13pm
post #6 of 6

I second the oil based cake.......the chocolate cake recipe from Hershey's stays soft......I substitute the recipe with a high-end cocoa powder (callebaut) but the recipe turns out a really great choc cake that stays very moist.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%