1M Roses

Decorating By jgvcakes Updated 10 May 2015 , 12:38am by tastefullysweet

jgvcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgvcakes Posted 7 May 2015 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, whenever I make 1M roses either for cupcake bouquets or for the dome part on giant cupcakes, my roses fall after a while. They slide off the cupcakes/cake, I have no problem when it's on the sides of a regular cake, just on the cupcake bouquet and on the giant cupcake. Is it something on my buttercream recipe or should I put icing on my cupcakes before making the roses. 

5 replies
cake.hs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake.hs Posted 7 May 2015 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 6

Perhaps you need to "crumb Coat" the side of the giant cupcake/cupcake so your rose can attach to it? 

cake.hs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake.hs Posted 7 May 2015 , 6:38pm
post #3 of 6

Perhaps you need to "crumb Coat" the side of the giant cupcake/cupcake so your rose can attach to it? 

Jedi Knight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jedi Knight Posted 7 May 2015 , 7:59pm
post #4 of 6

Roses?

You mean swirly piped swirls.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 8 May 2015 , 2:37pm
post #5 of 6

I use a crusting buttercream and that always holds better for me. What kind of buttercream are you using.  I once used whipped cream and you could see the slide right offffffff!  Yummy but not pretty!!  And I always crumb coat.

T

tastefullysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastefullysweet Posted 10 May 2015 , 12:38am
post #6 of 6

Can it be that your cupcakes are not completely cooled before you pipe the buttercream on them? I'm making a lot of cupcake bouquets lately, and never had a problem of buttercream sliding or even moving at all! No matter if it's a rose, hydrangea or sunflowers, they all stay put! I use SMBC.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%