Tip Organizer

Decorating By HeatherMari Updated 30 Sep 2005 , 2:45am by mary-ann

HeatherMari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherMari Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 12:55pm
post #1 of 24

Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone has the American Cake Decorating Magazine that has the article about a piece someone came up with that sits on your table and holds tips, bags, colors, etc. Its a big stand up organizer. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the website and I want to look into getting one. I think it was in the April/May issue of the magazine. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Heather

23 replies
sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 2:46pm
post #2 of 24

I'm looking but haven't found anything yet. Was there a picture of this organizer in the magazine?

HeatherMari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherMari Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 2:49pm
post #3 of 24

Yes, there was a photo. It was toward the back. I'm almost positive it was the April/May issue (with the hummingbird/stringwork cake on the front) but I could be wrong. Thanks for looking though!
Heather

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 4:17pm
post #4 of 24

wow, that would be great! i have bought and broken two of the wilton organizers for tips. now i use the tool caddy from wilton and really like it but tips are everywhere, not on the little places for them....maybe i'm just too rough with it.
good luck in finding this new gadget!
melody

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 24

I just use a cheap clear plastic crafts organizer which has various sized compartments. I saw my neice using them to organize her beads. hth

meme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meme Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 5:02pm
post #6 of 24

I have a clear fishing tackle box that works great and very cheap!

Sangria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangria Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 8:09pm
post #7 of 24

Try www.thecontainerstore.com

It's not for cakes, but trust me, you'll love it. icon_razz.gif

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 8:12pm
post #8 of 24

The April/May issue of American Cake Decorating has an article on pg 68 which talks about Deco-Express. They have a something called a Deco-Express deco Station which looks like what you are talking about.
It is a 5-foot wide unit with room for 400!!!! tips. It has a cavity for an airbarush compressor, and wells for 23 bottles of color. Loooks like the manufacturer is a compnay called Jireh Innovations. Inc.

The website is supposed to be http://deco-express.net, but I can't make that work. PHone # is 510-490-6837.

Let us know what you find out.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 8:32pm
post #9 of 24

Hi I think it should be www.deco-express.com, Going to try it now, but at 5 ft wide, it sounds like it will be more than some of us have room for, but sounds wonderful! Janice

veejaytx Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 8:58pm
post #10 of 24

Well, I tried about 16 ways and can't connect with the website. If you do a Google Image search for Deco Express Deco Station you should get 4 photos of the people and the station, but none of them goes to the website, so evidently it is gone. I'm attaching a photo I got from there.

Where is the 510 area code? Do we have anybody who is in the area and could call? Anyway, take a look at the photo, it looks really great! Janice
LL

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 9:39pm
post #11 of 24

I was unable to get to web page also.
510 is in Oakland,CA area.

HTH

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 10:16pm
post #12 of 24

OK, I just called and got an answering machine and left my name and phone number. I told them a number of us having an on-line chat were interested in the price, the dimensions and what the station can do for us.

Let's see if they call back.

There is a small amount of info at:
http://www.bakingexpo.com/find_exhib/showcompany.asp?cid=J94538

I did get a website at http://deco-express.net. It just wasn't functioning.... deco-express.com doesn't seem to exist.

veejaytx Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 10:26pm
post #13 of 24

The article in ACD says:
"A 5-foot-wide sanitary, single-piece unit that keeps up to 400 decorating tipsvisible and within easy reach; a cavity for an air compressor with routing channels to keep cords out of the way; seven stainless-steel cup inserts to keep small utensils handy; wells for 23 bottles of color; a slip grid for orders and decorating bags; and a handy place for spatulas, scissors and spools of ribbon."

Except for the size it sounds perfect! Maybe you will get a call back itsacake, thanks for checking into it by phone! Hope they haven't gone out of business already! Janice

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 28 Sep 2005 , 11:26pm
post #14 of 24

Yes, that's it. www.Deco-Express.com. I just checked magazine and found the article. I can't get on the site either. Googles says it can't find the site.

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 12:11am
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherMari

Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone has the American Cake Decorating Magazine that has the article about a piece someone came up with that sits on your table and holds tips, bags, colors, etc. Its a big stand up organizer. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the website and I want to look into getting one. I think it was in the April/May issue of the magazine. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Heather

My Wilton teacher suggested a fish tackle box. I use it and its great. It has all those little compartments to put the tips in...

southernbelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernbelle Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 1:11am
post #16 of 24

I use one of the clear plastic organizers like for beads and stuff. I say that organizer in American Cake but it looks huge. We need to put our heads together and design something for the average cake decorator. Something that would fit in normal home kitchens, pantries and such.

We could make a fortune off ourselves icon_wink.gif

Rainbow_Moon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rainbow_Moon Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 3:17am
post #17 of 24

if you're looking just for a cool tip organizer, i saw the neatest contraption in the kitchen of the house where we have our cake club meetings. it was 4 (or 5) rings of descending size vertically (so, sorta like a cake, but smaller) on a lazy-susan, so that it spins. each ring row has short vertical dowels so that you put the tips on. there are labels for each tip on the outside of the ring.

i was told they had someone come out and make measurements so they could manufacture them. i'll be saving my pennies for when it comes out. though if someone is good with woodworking, i can't imagine this would be a hard project icon_wink.gif

veejaytx Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 10:08am
post #18 of 24

I agree that this Deco Express one looks too big for the average home baker to have room for, I know it is too big for the space available in my apartment.
Maybe a smaller verion will be available soon. I'm still hoping they will let us know what happened to them that the website isn't available and what the pricing may be!

What you are describing sounds great, Rainbow Moon! Keep us posted on that one! Janice

mary-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mary-ann Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 4:33pm
post #19 of 24

I found one at sugarcraft that looks good for a home kitchen. Here's the description: a white laminate 1/2 inch thick wooden 3 tier unit for holding those many tips Regular $37.00 SALE #TC-1 $29.99
LL

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 4:42pm
post #20 of 24

I like that tip organizer. i have to look into getting one.

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 29 Sep 2005 , 4:46pm
post #21 of 24

I think I remember lastingmoments saying that she made her own 3-tiered tip organizer that spins as well....maybe we could convince her to post a pic and a how-to as well!

southernbelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southernbelle Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 1:30am
post #22 of 24

mary-ann,

Where did you find the tip organizer at Sugarcraft. I looked all over their web site but couldn't find it. That is exactly what I have been looking for and want to order one.

veejaytx Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 2:15am
post #23 of 24

Hi, I found it at Sugarcraft, it is called a Tip Carousel, and the number is TC-1. Usually $37 now $29.99 HTH Janice

mary-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mary-ann Posted 30 Sep 2005 , 2:45am
post #24 of 24

Try this link. It's the last item on the page:
http://sugarcraft.com/catalog/misc/TIP-INST/tipsets.htm#caddy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%