Decorating By JodieF Updated 26 Mar 2013 , 11:14pm by Bakingangel

kdnicoson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdnicoson Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 8:56pm
post #91 of 99

Thanks! Just what I needed

mjjandz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjjandz Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 2:30pm
post #92 of 99

I made this again today for a b-day cake for tomorrow. This time I used Godiva liquor. WOW you can taste a layer of that liquor. YUM.

I just crumb coated and placed the cake back in refrig for frosting tomorrow.

Should I leave the rest of the frosting out? or refrig it?

Thanks

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 3:31pm
post #93 of 99

I don't think it would hurt to leave it out, unless it's really warm in your house. I've refrigerated it, but then it gets very firm. I microwave it for 5 seconds at a time and then re-whip it.

I'm glad you liked it so much! It's one of my absolute favorites! icon_biggrin.gif

Jodie

marybible Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marybible Posted 8 Jul 2007 , 7:45pm
post #94 of 99

THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting that. I have been needing a choc buttercream frosting recipe. I don't like mine very much. This one sounds fantastic.

LisaKinVA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaKinVA Posted 17 Feb 2013 , 1:58pm
post #95 of 99

I used this frosting for a couple of 1/2 sheet cakes we served at a fundraiser last night.  It whipped up so nicely...but I had a *lot* of trouble getting it smooth.  I let it set, and the Viva method just wouldn't smooth out, so I went to the hot-knife method, and that smoothed it...BUT then my frosting was in multiple shades of brown???  It wasn't different shades when it went ON the cake.  I thought maybe after setting awhile longer the colors would turn back, but they didn't.  

People raved about the chocolate frosting...people who don't like chocolate even made a point of telling me that they loved the frosting.  

Any ideas what I did wrong?

SweetBouquet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetBouquet Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 6:44pm
post #96 of 99

I made this for cupcakes I donated to an art opening this weekend.  It is my new fave "go to".  Everyone raved about the cupcakes.

--Gerrie's Sweet Bouquet

saapena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saapena Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 4:28pm
post #97 of 99

I love this recipe!  I keep the Godiva liqueur on hand just for it.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 8:40pm
post #98 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF 

I would love to put this in the recipe section, because it was just so wonderful, but I'll settle for putting the link. Bonappetit has it posted with the permission of Toba Garrett.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/109248

I used it for the Reheasal Dinner cake I made. I could have eaten it all! It's absolutely the best chocolate icing I've ever tasted. The dinner was last night, and I got a call first thing this morning, praising me to the moon over the cake! He ordered more cake because of it. He told me that everyone asked for my name and number. I'd love to take the credit, but I know it was this buttercream!

I've gotten so many wonderful recipes and tips on CC, I wanted to share this recipe! icon_biggrin.gif

Toba Garrett has revised this recipe in he new book "Master Class" to say that the ganache should be at room temperature but it should have hardened up before you add it to the buttercream.

You could use chilled ganache as long as you let it come to room temperature before you add it.

And for those who are looking, creme de cacao is a generic chocolate liqueur that tastes just fine in this recipe.  So does Irish Mist or Glayva or any sweet Scotch/whisky based liqueurs, if you like a change or need a quick substitute.

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 11:14pm
post #99 of 99

I'm glad this thread was resurrected from 2007!  I need to give it a try too! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%