What's Your Favorite Perfume?

Lounge By dydemus Updated 12 Mar 2007 , 10:08am by kelly75

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 41

I recently did a chocolate tasting party (lots of fun) and was flipping through Vogue past all of the perfume adds and I wondered, how many people actually like these? It would be fun to do a perfume sampling party - if I could stand all the smells - I was just about nauseous after reading the magazine. So, what do you wear?

(My personal favorite for many years - Chanel No5)

40 replies
gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 41

I don't wear alot of parfumes, they all tend to "turn" on me. I have 3 that I have worn since I was 12 if that tells you anything. Lady Stetson as a teen, young adult. Jessical McLintock ( which they either don't make or sell anymore) and as of last summer, was in Jacksonville FL at a sports pub having appetizers with my sister at lunch, the barmaid smells FANTASTIC, had her come over, grilled her, kept sniffing her. Ran out to Dillards and got a sample of Ralph Laurens "BLUE". Got it for my Birthday. MMMMMMMM great stuff.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 1:51pm
post #3 of 41

The perfume ads in magazines are over powering all stuck in there together...however a good way to try one. You can also stick one ad in your underwear drawer and your things will have a light scent. Any way.... I don't wear much perfume either....it also turns on me. I love Donna Karen Cashmere Mist, Victoria Secret's Pink, and Super Sexy. The Super Sexy came in a roll on. I love it...I only get perfume where I want it!

bekahscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bekahscakes Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 2:25am
post #4 of 41

Mine is Estee Lauder "Beautiful". It was the one I wore when me and my husband meet 11 years ago in high school and is his absolute favorite too. He's coming back from Iraq in less than 2 months so maybe I should go buy some to make sure I have plenty to wear for when he gets home. icon_wink.gif

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 3:43am
post #5 of 41

Nautica. I've worn it for years and I love it.

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 4:59am
post #6 of 41

Calvin Klein Euphoria

or

Bath & Body Works Sensual Amber mmmm..

both are pretty "warm" scents.

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 6:16am
post #7 of 41

Imari by Avon

XoGuitarChefoX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
XoGuitarChefoX Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 1:33am
post #8 of 41

oooh i love lucky, although it is kindof is overpowering, but it smells good!

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 1:58am
post #9 of 41

I love love love Dazzling Silver by Estee Lauder~

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 3:25am
post #10 of 41

I used to wear Clinique Happy, but that was getting pretty expensive (for a college student), so I now wear Avon's "Be Spontaneous." Cheaper, and I like it more icon_biggrin.gif
~Beth
(Hi guitarchef o/ )

cakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerator Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 3:35am
post #11 of 41

Cool by Ralph Lauren. its light and clean smelling. not too overpowering.

dydemus, can i ask what a chocolate tasting party is? it sounds delicious and fun! do tell icon_biggrin.gif

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 4:56am
post #12 of 41

Winter- Alfred Sung Paradise or Forever although pretty much any Sung fragrence

Summer- Blue- Ralph Lauren or Aqua Di Gio- Armani

Kelley

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 6:52am
post #13 of 41

I dont wear a whole lot of perfumes i'm more of a lotions girl I love love cucumber melon from bath and body works also I wear lucky on occasion and wierd but I have always loved tommy the mens kind I've had the same bottle for like 7 years so that tells you how much I wear it but I just love the smell.

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 8:48pm
post #14 of 41

I've used Chanel's Coco for years. I now alternate, though, with a lot of the Lancome perfumes: Poeme (my favorite), Hypnotique, Attraction, and Miracle. Don't like Tresor - it gives me a headache!

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 8:49pm
post #15 of 41

Ms Dior Cherie
Freaking expensive stuff but i love the smell. Kind of a mix between orange and rapsberry with a pink grapefruit finishing note. Plus no Musk scent which i absolutely hate.
I also wear the body shops vanilla eau de toilette on its own or layer it with Avons instant vacation. If i do the later it smells and feels like i just came back from the beach in mexico even if its middle of winter in France.

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 12:14am
post #16 of 41

I am alergic to perfume so I do not wear them. I am amazed that so many women have no idea how strong perfume can be and it sometimes smells like they have taken a bath in it. I get an instant headache when someone wears perfume and is right next to me. Explain this to me please. How do people wear so many scents at the same time, and don't think that the scents will overpower or clash with other scents? (Soap, deodorant, shampoos, hair sprays, lotion, perfume, etc.) If someone says that you can not smell them all together, then why do they put scents in all of them? My allergies are so bad with scents that I have to get unscented deodorant and I am still trying to find a fragrant free shampoo.

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 12:41am
post #17 of 41

VICTORIA SECRET'S RAPTURE!

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 8:05am
post #18 of 41

dldbrou have you tried baby shampoo for sensitive skin? I think you would find one that is fragrance free

dldbrou Posted 30 Jan 2007 , 12:25pm
post #19 of 41

So far the only shampoo that I have not had a bad reaction is Paul Mitchel Tea Tree. Do you have any names of sensitive skin shampoos? I would love to try anything that I would not get a reaction to. Thanks

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 2:26am
post #20 of 41

PM also makes Baby Don't Cry. I'm surprised the the scent in the tea tree oil didn't bother you. Aveda has a sensitive line too. I'll try and think of some other options for you.

Kelley

dldbrou Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 2:45am
post #21 of 41

The tea tree oil shampoo does cause some itching, but not as bad as other shampoos. I'm not sure about baby shampoo's whether or not they have a some type fragrance. Thanks for your suggestion. I will look for the shampoo and see what it has in it.

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 3:44am
post #22 of 41

Donna Karen's Cashmere Mist
Calvin Klein's Euphoria
Issey Miyake
Philosophy's Amazing Grace
Vera Wang's Princess
Escada's Tropical Punch
Bath and Body Works' Sheer Freesia

Those are my current favs.

I don't like scents that are overpowering either....subtle...light..warm but not too much.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 7:42am
post #23 of 41

Bath And Body Works- Moonlight Path

Or
Dana- Toujours Moi

I love the scent of Calvin Kleins Obsession but it is too strong on me.

flytrap77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flytrap77 Posted 31 Jan 2007 , 7:57am
post #24 of 41

I like Sun, Moon, and Stars by Lagerfield, Black Pearl by Elizabeth Taylor, and VS Rapture.... I don't do fruity.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 1 Feb 2007 , 6:42am
post #25 of 41

24 Faubourg by Hermes. It's the only perfume I've worn for the past 8 years or so, but oddly enough, I am really liking the Fantasy by Britney Spears (yehrite) that my daughter got for Christmas.

Hey gilpnh, Jessica McClintock perfume is still available -
http://www.perfume.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=jessica&search_in_description=1 icon_smile.gif

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 4:41am
post #26 of 41

Ralph Lauren Blue, Ralph Lauren Cool, Ralph Lauren Romance, and Gucci II....all equally worn.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 12:09pm
post #27 of 41

dldbrou. I'm allergic/sensitive to perfumes too. Also shampoo, soaps, lotions & makeup etc, etc. I can't win for losing! icon_sad.gif Eventhough I'm allergic my favorite is Narcisus By Chloe', Beautiful Estee' Lauder, White Linen Estee' Lauder. I always have a bottle of Narcisus but only wear it every once is awhile because I break out like crazy & will sometimes get a headache from it. So I put it on lightly. The only things that don't cause me any problem are the body sprays. I love them! I probably have every scent except peaches! Don't like peaches! icon_smile.gif

MommyBunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyBunny Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 2:12pm
post #28 of 41

I have a few I rotate through...

Jordan Essentials-Cucumber Melon, grapefruit and lime, mango and lavendar and euculpitis(sp?) but I also do White shoulders....when I get it as a gift, usually at christmas.

Patricia

jackie64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie64 Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 3:12pm
post #29 of 41

I love Estee Lauder's Beautiful I have worn it for a long time I love the way smells also I love Jovan Musk I know its not an expensive perfume but I get more compliments on how good it smells its my mothers favorite perfume and it smells 100 times better on her ever notice how some perfumes smell so much better on someone else than they do on you.

dldbrou Posted 2 Mar 2007 , 12:39am
post #30 of 41

tcturtleshell, I have not had the courage to wear body sprays, but I can wear Yankie Candle scented lotion. They have recently stopped making the type I wear. URGH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%