mrssambo Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 6:45am
post #1 of

I am making a ballerina cake and have the fondant ballet slippers as a topper. It is 2 tiered so I was hoping to put a ballerina sitting on the edge of the top of the first tier. Does anyone have any instructions on how to do this? I am a real novice at modelling but would love to do something simple - very simple yet looks good.

Thanks everyone - BTW it needs to be done in 18hrs from now - if that is any indication and it is almost 6pm here now - arghhh!! Atleast the rest of the cake is easy.

5 replies
kaychristensen Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 6:52am
post #2 of

WOW icon_surprised.gif girl good luck on your cake. I am sorry I don't know your answer. But there are a few great modelers her on this site. I hope they hear your plee. Or maybe you could Pm them for advise. I am sure if they aren't busy they would help you. I wawait you picture of your cake. My DD is in dance and would love some ideas as well. icon_biggrin.gif

cakenutz Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 7:02am
post #3 of

did you look at the article here on home page fondant fairies would be easy to make the into ballerinas. thumbs_up.gif

mrssambo Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 7:10am
post #4 of

I just had a look and they look great. I was worried about their faces and just remembered I bought a mould with 3 different sizes faces - I can actually do this. How do I go about doing the hair - any suggestions? I am thinking a bun of some sort - just not sure how to do it as I have limited tools - a newbie here.

Thanks so much.

MahalKita Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 7:13am
post #5 of

please let us know how it goes. can't wait to see what you came up with. icon_smile.gif

mrssambo Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 7:15am
post #6 of

I am about to have dinner so wont do it for a few hours. If anyone else has any suggestions I wont say no. The more the merrier - and better ballerina

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%