Fancymcnancy Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 10:27pm
post #1 of

Does anyone know of a book or some instructions on how to sculpt the Statue of Liberty? I want to make one out of candy clay for a family reunion cake and I can't quite figure it out on my own.

11 replies
fronklowes Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 10:33pm
post #2 of

I don't know when your family reunion is, but if you have enough time, you could order one of those cheap little statue of liberty plastic figurines, make a gumpaste mold using it, and then make your figure using the gumpaste mold.

...just a thought...maybe someone already sells a mold?

cakesbykellie Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 10:34pm
post #3 of

i have seen Statue of Liberty Nightlights at the Dollar Store. Maybe you could use one of those for a mold?

SweetResults Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 10:34pm
post #4 of

definitly make a mold - try this website - makeyourownmolds.com

jelligirl Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 10:43pm
post #5 of

i don't know if these are what you are looking for....hopefully the links are correct...

http://www.cakedecorators.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=CM-J

http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/holiday/july4th/july4th.htm#m

fronklowes Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 12:24am
post #6 of

Word to the wise--a lot of people on cakecentral have had problems with sugarcraft.com. You're taking your chances if you order from them.

moydear77 Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 4:23am
post #7 of

I would do a chocolate mold!

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-D-STATUE-OF-LIBERTY-CHOCOLATE-CANDY-MOLD-MOLDS_W0QQitemZ170016888879QQihZ007QQcategoryZ13926QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 4:34am
post #8 of

I've ordered plenty from sugarcraft and not once have I ever had a problem.

Fancymcnancy Posted 28 Jan 2007 , 9:04pm
post #9 of

Thank you so much for your replies. The reunion is in May, so I have plenty of time to order a mold and play around with it. I knew I would find an answer here icon_smile.gif

fronklowes Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 2:14am

I'm glad to hear that someone had a good experience with sugarcraft, Bobwonderbuns. They have a lot of neat products available, but I've been too afraid to order from them because of all of the negative things I've seen posted by other cc'ers.

bobwonderbuns Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 3:12am

I don't know what that is all about, but I've been ordering from them for years and every time has been a good experience. They are friendly, helpful and I always get prompt service and delivery. They are one of my favorite places to order from.

ShirleyW Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 3:21am

I have never had a problem either and have been ordering for years too. I think we have one bad experience, post it and it scares people away. I have not had good experiences with Beryls, but other's swear by her company. Make your own decisions on these matters, try them at least once and you will know if they are the company you can count on for in stock items, fast shipping and good customer service.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%