SugarBakerz Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 9:52pm
post #1 of

I have no idea what 9 year old girls like and don't know anyone with a girl that old... for those of you having done recent 9yo girl birthdays, what did you do? Ideas, suggestions! I have asked for help from the woman like what the girl likes, but I am pulling teeth!

8 replies
gourmetcakes Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 9:56pm
post #2 of

I have seen alot of partyware out there with the neon colors like green, fuchsia, yellow, purple, etc., that have flowers on them. You could do something with those real bright neon colors and accent with the 5 petal flowers. Go on-line to a party supply store and they can give you ideas too. I'm sure you will find something there.

Good Luck!

countrygal Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 9:57pm
post #3 of

Hmm, how about a cake shaped like a butterfly?

Jami

gourmetcakes Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 9:58pm
post #4 of

Oh, I just remembered another one I have seen on CC....a pair of blue jeans with some flowers on them. That would be a fun cake to do. The cakes I have seen are sheet cakes cut into the shape of blue jeans, then you can accent them with an "embroidered" type of look with flowers or butterflies or something girly like that. Just a thought.

Nitu Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 10:06pm
post #5 of

What about a beautiful handbag?

Nitu

KlyKat Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 10:06pm
post #6 of

I agree with the neon colors. Maybe some bubble flowers too. K'ly

sweet_as_tisse Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 10:10pm
post #7 of

My Daughter is 8 and she loves anything to do with bratz, jewelry, shoes, hand bags.. she has asked that for her 9th birthday could i make a hand bag cake with a high heel shoe. (i have one in my pic's)...

so i would go with any of these things or to be safe you could just go with stipes and polka dots...

HTH

kylie

indigojods Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 10:18pm
post #8 of

I am making a cake this weekend for a co-workers 9 year old and she wanted a doll cake after seeing some of the other ones I have made. She just requested that it be pink and purple. She picked out her favorite bratz head for the cake too.

fronklowes Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 11:05pm
post #9 of

My nine-year old niece is all about purses, lip gloss, etc...really girly things.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%